Summer League

Trey on ESPN2 right now doing his thing.

6 Likes
STARTERS MIN FG 3PT FT OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF +/- PTS
T. Murphy F 13 2-5 2-3 0-0 0 4 4 0 0 0 0 0 -11 6

I only watched his minutes in the 2Q. He’s mostly just standing and waiting for the catch and shoot on the offensive side. Nailed the one open 3 he had in the corner (bench called it before it went down). Defense is respecting it and he’s creating space.

Two misses on late in the shot clock type shots for long twos. Only saw him dribble once or twice, but generally didn’t seem comfortable yet. More looking to get rid of the ball and not looking to take anyone on yet.

Got some hard rebounds. Nothing that he shouldn’t be expected to rebound. But maybe helped answer some questions. Defensively, they have him matched up on Williams and Dosiminu. Shows the ability to switch and stay out front a few times. Got caught not getting back in transition a couple of times which is probably an adjustment (and maybe not totally his fault).

2 Likes

I think it must be a shock to play for CTB and then go to Summer League. He has looked a little tentative but he’s done some nice screen and roll action where the guard doesn’t pass him the ball and then shoots a jumper. It seems like he’s doing what New Orleans is going to expect him to do. Has been pretty fun to watch!

4 Likes

He’s ballin now. Postered that dude

7 Likes

Yeah, I totally agree. Think most of the roster out there is looking to play make their way onto the team and he’s playing the role expected of him down the line.

3 Likes

That dunk was awesome!

I’m on a plane and so *just saw him poster a guy. Was this the second person or is the airplanes ESPN stream 3-4 minutes late?

2 Likes

Four threes + yam

5 Likes

Probably the first.

1 Like

Doris got the wrong name on the dunk, but we know. On another note, Jose Alvarado on New Orleans, I like that kid, hope he does well.

1 Like

And his GT teammate Moses Wright also playing for the Pels.

Btw Key on ESPN3 with the Sixers. Found his way off the bench it looks like for a couple of minutes.

3 Likes

Yeah I’m liking guitar hero and Wright representing the ACC along with Trey in this game.

3 Likes

6 3’s, 20 points now for Murphy. Dude is absolutely ballin

6 Likes

lol

24 Likes

I hope Julian Phillips is watching this game seeing what Trey Muphy is doing on both ends of the court.

5 Likes

There are way too many typos in that tweet

3 Likes

Yeah, and just tell Julian to totally ignore the guy on the other team from FSU that went 4th overall…

And is getting owned by Murphy LOL. I had that same though when I hit submit on my comment

4 Likes

26 pts 9 rebs 2 asts, 6-9 from 3 for TM3

Dude is good at making first impressions - also hit 6 threes in his first game at UVA

10 Likes

I wished we pushed the ball more last year to get murphy more of those open transition looks. A lot of Murphy’s points came off scrambling defenses. Something that we could have taken advantage of when we were struggling to score in the half court/not feed huff in the post. Both Hauser and Murphy were money in their limited transition 3 looks.

3 Likes