Summer League

London & the Twolves @ 7 (ESPNU)
Guy & GSW @ 8 (ESPN3)
Mamadi @ 9 (ESPNU)

Important summer for Mamadi. With Tucker gone next year, may be an opportunity for more minutes.

5 Likes
8 Likes

11 pts 3 reb 2 stl 1 blk on 5-8 from the field for Braxton. Played some pretty good defense as we could expect. Consistent way of manufacturing points is the main thing that is likely keeping him from a spot in the league, but he did a fairly good job today.

16 Likes

Really fun watching London run the second unit for the TWolves. Heā€™s been telling all the younger guys where to go and what to do the whole time heā€™s been on the court. He has his flaws but heā€™s absolutely a pro

5 Likes

Is he an NBA pro or a European pro? I really like London but PG in the NBA is so deep

Heā€™ll probably end up in Europe but ya never know.

2 Likes

London should play wherever he can make money and then go coach. Cerebral guy I always thought. Maybe to a fault

5 Likes

KG playing well, leading the warriors in scoring with 8 pts through 1.5 quarters

4 Likes

13 and counting in the first half. Making some tough shots.

3 Likes

Nice little lay-in to push his total to 10. Then a shot clock beater for 13. A couple steals / forced turnovers on defense.

Having a good day. I donā€™t understand how Cole Anthony can start in this league and Kyle canā€™t make a team.

8 Likes

Watched a bit of London and the Twolves. Didnā€™t see much from him but it was cool to see him out there.

2 Likes

20lbs is the difference

3 Likes

I wouldnā€™t bet against Kyle.

7 Likes

https://www.sfchronicle.com/sports/warriors/amp/Warriors-Kyle-Guy-looks-to-set-himself-apart-16375743.php

6 Likes

KG knows his back is up against the wall. Not unlike his 3rd year at UVA got to show out. Iā€™m sure he feels that pressure and I think he has what it takes to step up and answer.

6 Likes

Damn his J is so nice. Looks like he is shooting in Slaughter

6 Likes

Problem with KG is that there isnā€™t a clear mold for him to fill in the NBA. The best case for guys like Hunter, Murphy, and Brogdon very clearly have a place in the NBA. Even the less ā€œsuccessfulā€ (even getting there is a success) like JA and Hall had clear roles they could fill. But there arenā€™t a lot of Kyle Guys in the league. Itā€™s hard to make it when your best case is Bryn Forbes

6 Likes

Man someone on the golden state warriors subreddit put it perfectly

"Kyle guy is too good for summer league but not good enough for NBA.

I think heā€™ll make it eventually, heā€™s got a dog in him."

However there is an ever growing contingent forming during this game calling for Guy to take Nico Mannionā€™s two way spot.

10 Likes
12 Likes

I think his best case scenario is Seth Curry. But even guys like Forbes and Curry are 185lbs+. Kyle really needs to get that muscle to stay on in order to be playable defensively. Heā€™s easily an NBA player on the offensive end.

11 Likes