Swimming Championship

UVA womenโ€™s swim team is competing in the national championship meet this week. We won it all last year, and I believe we are favored to repeat. UVA leads after day 1.

Unfortunately this meet occurs during March Madness. Otherwise I would try to watch some of it.

9 Likes

Our swim teams have been absolute powerhouses these past couple years, and it would be awesome to have the repeat. Go Hoos!

6 Likes
6 Likes

it is a privilege to watch these ladies. If you can watch even the YouTube race videos, just know youโ€™re watching some of the best in the world, and theyโ€™re tough as nails.

They are Duke or Kentucky basketball that actually wins championships. So therefore much better and tougher.

6 Likes
5 Likes

Kate Douglass and Alex Walsh BOTH break American records in winning national titles in the 50 Free and 200 IM tonight. Kate now has the fastest two times ever.

Gretchen Walsh places 2nd to Douglass as only the 3rd woman ever to break 21.00.

Emma Weyant places 2nd only to Lia Thomas, the transgender swimmer from Penn, in the 500 Free. Obviously people will have their own perspectives on that, but a great swim by Weyant in any case.

Hoos dominating so far with the 200 Free Relay coming up.

7 Likes

And UVA wins the free relay to end the night. Huge lead for the Hoos after day 2.

6 Likes

Dynasty in the making. So much fun to watch and cheer for.

6 Likes

Way to throw unnecessary political commentary in the chat and not have the balls to be direct. Stay classy.

3 Likes

Thatโ€™s not politicalโ€ฆ just supporting the Hoo women

2 Likes
1 Like

Thomas should not be competing against women. Not political stance. Just wrong and unfair to all women. Most women agree.

9 Likes

Itโ€™s safe to say that most people at the swim meet agree with you, Dave.

โ€œDuring the podium ceremony, the aquatics center erupted for 2nd place finisher Emma Weyant of Virginia (4:34.99). When Thomas was announced, there was polite clappingโ€

4 Likes

Come on I donโ€™t care that I disagree with you but just own your shit. Itโ€™s obvious you went back and edited the post when you got called on it. then your served up a weak rebuttal like a kid caught with their hand in the cookie jar. I donโ€™t always agree with your points, but at least you own them. Do the same here.

6 Likes

I usually donโ€™t discuss or debate with anyone who uses profanity. Youโ€™re the one who stated:
โ€œand not have the balls to be direct.โ€
And didnโ€™t even realize the irony in your own statement.
One of the funniest or saddest things Iโ€™ve read today โ€ฆ lean toward saddest.
Emma Weyant also does not possess the items you mentioned โ€ฆ

2 Likes

clapping-leonardo-dicaprio
Congratulations on claiming the โ€œmoral high ground.โ€ Enjoy yourself.

4 Likes

This is absolutely a political stance. Either you believe trans women are women and they enjoy all the rights and obligations thereof, or you donโ€™t. At least own that you want trans women to be told they arenโ€™t enough of women to be able to compete in their sports. Either way, UVA women are a swimming dynasty.

5 Likes

Im still extremely proud of our swimmers. Whether itโ€™s first, second, or dead last. We keep putting in our hard work.

7 Likes

Do you think Lia Thomas has an unfair advantage over the other swimmers? I think she undoubtedly does have an advantage, but Iโ€™m curious what those on the other side of the issue think. Thatโ€™s what it comes down to for me. I have nothing against Lia and donโ€™t blame her at all.