Syracuse Game Thread - 1/30/22 - 7 pm

2 Likes

We are going to lose

6 Likes

Very rare but I dont feel good about this one for us. No clue if we flew up today or going tomorrow for a game at Cuse

3 Likes

Gotta imagine they leave today or this evening esp. With the wver present threat of snow up there.

I’m also not feeling great about this one. Feels like the perfect spot to drop a game. Figure it has to happen at some point.

2 Likes

JG said travel was today in his post game.

4 Likes

Well, I feel great about this game.

7 Likes

Good part is we already played and they are a very easy scout really

5 Likes

We hitting 3s: we win by 20 cut down to 5 after they press.

We not hitting 3s: wellllllllll shoot.

7 Likes

I like how we’ve played Cuse recently. We’ll get our shots. We have to hit them but that’s always the case.

I’m hoping to see a Dunn breakaway dunk just to see what he’s got.

10 Likes

My initial reaction was that UVA -5 is way closer than I expected. I think we cover comfortably.

3 Likes

This is where I’m at. We have a lot of good middle of the zone guys between Kihei, Reece, BVP, JG if he’s hitting his midrange. Defense against them is kind of an easy scout too, just going to be on Kihei and Reece to make Girard and Mintz’s lives hard.

2 Likes

Exactly why I feel like we cover easy. I don’t feel great about most games, as I’m usually a little pessimistic as a fan, but I feel good about us against that zone.

3 Likes

I’m mostly in agreement, and think we’ll win and cover. But road games are never easy, so I hope everyone is locked in.

2 Likes

Remember Cuse travelled as well. Played at VT last night, so equally quick turnaround after travel

2 Likes

In addition we always have a very solid game plan to beat the zone. Simple as hitting shots and limiting Girad again

2 Likes

Exactly

1 Like

They kept leaving Cattoor open and he hit 6 threes … probably will be fresh in their minds not leave Franklin or McKneely at all … I would make the other guys beat me from 3

I’m feeling good. We can pick apart their zone.

1 Like

Great point. Short turnaround all around. But theu got to sleep at home tonight. That does play a role.

My concern with Cuse isn’t that the Hoos can’t pick apart the zone, it’s that Cuse has a way to make things flukey and if the Hoos don’t blow the doors off them it could be difficult

2 Likes

I might eat these words, but having watched Mintz in late game situations, I am hoping Reece can make his life miserable and force some really poor play. Mintz is good, but he’s very much still a freshman. Hope we’re able to exploit it.

(I wasn’t able to watch our first game against them, so no idea how that played out, but I should go check)

4 Likes