⛹ Taine Murray - Official Thread - GOAT for @DFresh

Just a feel good thread for only the good things Taine does for the program. Love seeing a guy putting in lots of work and not jumping ship when it could be easier and contributing at key times for us

24 Likes

Like the old days (5+ years ago😄), role players get comfortable in Tony’s system and start producing their 3+ year. We will always have a couple stars that make an impact year 1-2 but we have missed on the continuity that produces good role players that can contribute and allow us to keep the pressure on teams for 40 minutes. I am super happy for Taine and hope he keeps it up!

6 Likes

He was so pumped after the game was sealed, loved to see it.

13 Likes

He played without fear. Great to see it.

5 Likes

He made clutch FTs and looked confident while doing it…a rarity for this team.

12 Likes

End of the half at GaTech rundown and last second lay in to go up 4 was big big momentum play I thought

8 Likes

My rule of thumb on foreign guys (not counting either Canadians, who play plenty against US competition, or guys who prepped extensively in the US first) is that Year 3 is their “lightbulb comes on” year if it’s ever going to happen.

Making it incrementally harder for Taine, his development got knocked off track his last year “in HS” the 2020-21 season because COVID restrictions in NZ and Australia were stupid strict. That was supposed to be his NBL-internship year, but because of COVID he basically spent the year in hotel rooms with 30-something dudes, rarely practiced, and then never played in competitive games, resulting in a total wasted year.

5 Likes

Yessir. I have always said for “regular” guys you arent you until year 3. The special ones are great much quicker but real grinders take time to develop etc and the work you put in leading up to that can get you there

It all adds up

4 Likes

Underrated plays in the last two games:
-Taine finishing the layup at the end of the first half when he had the composure to let the ball bounce to preserve time.
-Taine finishing the layup in transition on the dump back from Isaac.

While at the end of the day they were just two layups, for a guy who hasn’t play a ton consistently to confidently finish strong in both instances is impressive.

13 Likes

As someone who has missed many a layup and free throw, I appreciate someone who does the “easy” things and makes them look ordinary.

2 Likes

Hey man. Cant miss em if you dont take em… wait what?

https://x.com/espnausnz/status/1750467327135727768?s=46&t=vx3c-OF07QBvYhNkrdgjHw

Shit all Kody needed was announcers with funny accents calling his games… Adapt some TB!

8 Likes

Rumour has it he can really shoot the piss out of the ball. Good to see him having some success!

4 Likes

If you can’t get open to shoot it… it doesn’t matter.

@kendall I saw your 247 apologies thread… you need apologize everywhere to make it stick. :laughing:

Apologize GIF by GIPHY News

I think what is nice about Taine is if he can shore up his slides… him being on the court w/ iMac in any situation will make sure iMac has more open looks as they can’t sag off of Taine when he is hot.

Did I say that correctly?

So… more shooters is… good for the offense? Tell me more.

3 Likes

Yep… I had someone in HS (Jamie Bush if you remember him) tell me “If you hit the head pin just right… you will get a strike every time.” Blew. My. Mind. Changed my bowling game ever since!

1 Like

Well, you see, scoring more points than the other team is an important aspect to winning games. Sometimes shooters score. So more of them is good, if they are good shooters. But also, defense is good, because that helps keep the other team from scoring.

2 Likes

Agree 100%. It is a pleasure watching Taine in games. I am so glad he stuck around.

4 Likes