The Elliott Era begins

Give Tipton time, he’ll have some protege making edits for his edits.

2 Likes

Oh I’m totally OK with it. Gotta keep up with the times!

Also, relatedly, here is a depiction of me watching the changing recruiting landscape:

6 Likes
7 Likes
11 Likes

Someone needs to keep an updated history of On3 odds. It’s a cool idea but pretty hilarious to see how much they swing. For the Arch example, pretty sure I saw UGA at like 50% a month ago, Bama has definitely topped it as well

4 Likes

To be fair, the variance of a forecast should increase monotonically with time as the forecasted events move from the future to the present. Like for most of these recruits, if you had to run a continuous crystal ball, your prediction starting at their sophomore year of high school would probably be wrong. The most useful predictions are just dressed up ways to leak insider info.

2 Likes

I totally agree, I just think entertainment value is incredible. You know there’s some UT fan out there who’s jacked up over this, only for it to probably fall in a month. The same could probably be said for us and HGN bball updates, but putting those odds out there regularly is pretty hilarious

1 Like

Begs the question… would @HoozGotNext beat the machines??

7 Likes

Yes can’t no machine replace our boy @HoozGotNext

4 Likes

Credit where credit is due though, even though it doesn’t make the graph, I’m sure UVA’s .00000000000000000001% stays pretty consistent.

7 Likes

Some game times announced:

3 Likes

Why do we have two prime time espn games lmao

2 Likes

Friday night and Thursday night. Thurs night used to be a big deal (like 95 FSU) but I’m not sure it still is with NFL on Thursday now. I don’t think Friday night is considered prime time.

2 Likes

True, but its still pretty good.

Edit - My take is that ESPN thinks UVA will be a fun team to watch. Which was absolutely true last year, especially if you were a neutral observer. No lead was safe on either side.

11 Likes

Always nice to be on the Mothership.

2 Likes

I agree. Going head to head with the NFL is not prome real estate. I thought the acc prime time thurs game was done on espn but apparently not. I somehow dislike Friday night games even more than Thursday games. Long as the IMG Bishop Carol mothers of the poor HS game doesn’t our draw us Im good

2 Likes

Yep, I think we also had a big win over Auburn on a Thursday night in the ‘90s. I kind of miss Thursday night being a good time for college football.

3 Likes

98 opener? Actually both Auburn games may have been Thursdays (home and away), come to think of it.

Edit - yup. 97 in Cville (loss) and 98 in Auburn (win)

2 Likes

Remember flying up to Uni of Wisconsin on my 21st bday and watching the Hoos with Schaub and Miller boatrace Clemson on a Thurs night game. Last time I remember one being relevant.

2 Likes

[never mind - I read it wrong. You were at Wisconsin, but watching the Clemson game. Sorry]

1 Like