The Elliott Era begins

I’m of a similar mindset. Rhe division title is nice but also always felt a bit made up. It’s n8ce to say the Hoos won the Atlantic but when you know they were still miles away from touching clemson it kinda feels more like a participation trophy. I do like the idea of more scheduling varity.

2 Likes

As long as UNC and VT are considered two of our three rivals, I’m Ok with this. If somehow Louisville is considered a main “rival” like in basketball scheduling, then I have issues. I get why it happened with basketball but seriously how are we rivals? But glad the Yum Center is JPJ south.

4 Likes

Since they are our current crossover ‘rival’ there’s probably a solid chance they stay 1 of the 3. Realistically our 3rd team will probably be a leftover after they matchup all of the actual rivalries.

5 Likes

I think you’re right. Id be surprised ifbthe rivals are not VT UNC and UL. Honestly no one else even makes sense really. I’d take Miami because the hoos seemingly always find a way to sh%t on their parade.

5 Likes

Other possibility I saw people mention is one of the leftovers from the Carolina teams. You know they will have UNC-Duke, UNC-State, Duke-Wake, and State-Wake. So I could see UVA and Tech each getting their third rival from the remaining Duke, State, or Wake slot. Probably put State with VT given the cultural similarities and then give us Duke or Wake.

As others mentioned above as long as VT and UNC are 2 of the 3 I’m content.

1 Like

Because they don’t really have a rival in the ACC (also not part of the old BE) and someone has to get stuck with them.

Would be nice to have more FB threads rather than just one mega-thread.

@HoozGotNext:
Maybe we close this one and split off a new one for the ACC reformat? And then we can start a recruiting thread and others as needed. It would foster more football discussion, which would be nice on this board.

You can start them… only thing you can’t do is close this one.

1 Like

yeah I think HGN has to close…

This is super cool. Hagans is just the best

9 Likes

The Fresh bowl in Music City to start 2023 ! @DFresh11

13 Likes

Errrbody stay with me!

Edit: Hope we smash the Vols there.

10 Likes

If there is an SEC team that could choke away a game to UVA in absolutely devastating fashion, it’s probably Tennessee. I’ll take it.

11 Likes

Wish it was this year while we have Brennan though. Gonna be very hard to compete with new QB at the helm.

4 Likes

Yeah, but we’ll have the storyline of Arch Manning going up against his uncle’s old team. That’ll be pretty exciting, even if he is just a first year.

19 Likes

No truth to the rumor the game was scheduled because Arch wanted to beat up on uncle Peyton’s team.

8 Likes

$30 million in NIL collective by the way
(Yes I’m aware it was most likely an innocent Ali up)

7 Likes

I missed this a few days ago. Grad transfer. Offers a little depth.

3 Likes

Kids have edits for visits now?

5 Likes

The UVA graphics team makes them for the recruits. Gets them hype for the visit, gets fan engagement with recruits before the visit, etc.

8 Likes