The JWILLY Show will be LIVE from Orlando tonight at 10:00 PM on YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter!

Have a question for the show?
Leave it below and it may get answered live!

5 Likes

Everyone knows what question(s) will NOT be asked or answered per our collective HGN slap down before

11 Likes

I assume @Marktykobe and @DFresh11 will ask the good Furman questions, so how about this @Spencer, cut and past from here:

If you are coaching a team that doesn’t make the NCAA tournament, and the majority of guys want to pass up the NIT, how do you respond?

11 Likes

Can you reFresh us? I don’t rmember the HGN slap down

3 Likes

We are playing in the NCAA Tournament this week. So no questions about who may or may not consider transfering from UVa after tbe season ha

Re Freshed

14 Likes

What’s JWilly’s philosophy on adjusting to what an opponent is doing before the game starts vs. starting in your base offense and defense and only adjusting if they are disrupting your base game plan?

Against smaller teams, does the staff consider trying to send more guys to crash the offensive boards harder, or does the need to keep transition defense intact make that a non-starter?

Per usual, you can cite my username as AQ.

5 Likes

Parlay off that can we include @DFresh11 on that question. I recall the 91/92 team not wanting to go to the NIT and the seniors stepped in to make it happen…

1 Like

One more from me: I assume Mark, Fresh will ask about Bob Richey. I’d be curious to hear J-Willy’s thoughts about Dutcher and Pat Kelsey. Not just the nicey-nicey stuff either. I mean, not bulletin board material, but something interesting.

How do you prepare guys mentally for a first round game? What do you do? What do you avoid doing / let them figure out on their own?

1 Like

This is a half truth. We just knew that IF we happened to lose against Nova in Philly on Friday night spring break was the following week

So we could not lose by definition

Buf yes, our seniors were all about if. Bryant and Anthony

4 Likes

Ahh gotcha slightly different than I recalled. I had it as Nova or Spring Break and some had trunks packed instead of reeboks

4 Likes

What other UVA opponent plays OFF/DEF like Furman?

What Furman opponent plays OFF/DEF like UVA?

This season.

5 Likes

Who has scout on Furman? Did any assistant coach have more losses on their scout games than the others?

3 Likes

Should the transfer portal be closed until after the NCAA tournament? Are tournament teams at a disadvantage recruiting players from the portal because of the timing?

5 Likes

Who do you think will be on the team next year? The answers we want. No rules broken.

2 Likes

Hahahaha. Imma focus on the upcoming tourney for this one. But I hear you

1 Like

A for real question: Is the the whole “most likely upset” BS being used as bulletin board material or is it largely ignored by the team?

8 Likes

Are any of the players growing a mustache to support Ben? In hockey, there are “playoff beards”, why not “tournament mustaches” for all players and coaches.

7 Likes

Is he pro daylight savings time?

3 Likes

Hoo isnt!

2 Likes