The JWILLY Show with Ty, Devon, De’Andre and London Premiere’s on Youtube 7pm

Damn Dragon you are killing it. I thought TB told them tu stop hedging. You are saying the inability tu hedge helped us. It was killing us and I thought it was a coaching move. Let me go before I get started LOL

1 Like

True London had a better team there’s no doubt. But he had a young Guy and Ty who weren’t ready, Ty even admitted that, and he had some guys who were more role guys. I think Ty was right about Jack he was a great teammate and a leader as the 5th yr guy on that team, but as the offense and style changed he had to change. Credit to him for adapting and take to the bench. A lot of guys would have been a pain in the in that situation. He’s one of those glue guys behind the scenes but maybe not the best option on the court. Every team has a guy like that.

1 Like

Akil is 6’7 Fresh. He should. Thats another big topic of mine. Playing Darion more. Let me give your questions next time. I know what tu ask. LOL

2 Likes

Ha thanks. I could be wrong TB may have changed the call. But if I recall Jay was attempting but he just couldn’t get there, but it worked out and then Mamadi started to sit back per the coaches call. I agree with Fresh, I’m not trying to knock Jay he has other elements to his game that should be highlighted nimble footed defense at the halfcourt line is not one of them. He still gives up about 1 foul a game on bad hedges/getting caught with his leg out.

1 Like

exactly which may not entirely be his fault. But he vastly improved his 50 ft hedges last year hahaha

2 Likes

They dont let me on the JayWilly show Tu. Mark would have to use the bad word bell

6 Likes

I remember the last time you were on it. Mark’s eyes almosy bulged out of his head with your Fbomb still a top 5 moment on the show

5 Likes

I haven’t been on this site much over the past few weeks, but I just wanted to hop on and say THIS WAS AWESOME!!! Really felt like 6 guys having a good conversation as friends. You could see how tight their bond is, and I think @Marktykobe did a great job letting them do their thing while also hitting every topic

2 Likes

I don’t remember this. Someone (me) should make a sports center type top 10 moments. Lol. What episode was this?

Whichever episode Fresh got to come in as a surprise guest and grilled JWilly on what is an elevator screen.

ha. JayWill Show highlights great idea Big B

4 Likes

Tu, This podcast just confirmed what I had stated in another thread. Our transformation, has us seeking more length for the two - four positions in a more position-less game. It allows us to switch more defensively and creates match-up issues for other teams.

Also, I think it was London who alluded to the fact that we haven’t had someone with Gill’s skills since Gill graduated. I think this is why we have recruited Kaufman so hard.

5 Likes

Man this makes me wish we implemented the CBS offense with Malcolm and AG.

1 Like

Especially AG? Maybe we’ll get Kaufman. Kaufman brings a skill-set that would be magnified in our system. I’m sure our staff has laid it out for him. However, family may win out. We’ll see. If we reel in Keels, there’s your Brogden skill-set. However, I’m hoping for Houstan. I think he is really going to be a good one! His potential impact on spacing could be simply amazing! Think Reggie Miller!

4 Likes

JWilly: “So how has the adjustment been like going to the league with all the free time and not having to go to class and not having a regimen”

Dre: “I mean mine was pretty easy to be honest cuz like I don’t necessarily do anything — when I don’t have free time, when I do have free time, I do the same stuff.”

Gotta love Dre man :joy:

9 Likes

I’d be very happy with Houstan but you already answered why I’d prefer Keels if we can only have one. Brogdon 2.0. We have a similar guy to Houstan in Murphy. Now if Houstan and Murphy can play together that could be a scary amount of length and shooting at the 3 and 4.

1 Like

Either way, we are a winner! However, the thought of Murphy and Houstan together with Casey, JAR, and Murray driving! Wow! That lineup may give Duke fits! I would even add Kody but don’t want to lose what little credibility I have remaining. I know many have very little faith in Kody but I feel he may shock a few fans. His unorthodox shot and abilities make it difficult to appreciate him.

1 Like

I might add…As much as I would love to have Kaufman, if we could take both Keels and Houstan. I would! Especially, if we could find a big in 2022 with similar back-to-the-basket skills. Speaking of '22’s, McKneely could replace Keels and add spacing to our guard depth.

2 Likes

Love how all roads lead back to recruiting talk…

2 Likes

Ty cursed

1 Like