Tony just offered Trey Green

I know, I was half kidding, it’s just a weak take if that is the first thing people jump to when we MIGHT lose a recruiting battle

Lol the board is always so ready to flip on it’s head, if we weren’t UVA fans i’d say this crew would be pretty killer backup in a bar fight

8 Likes

You read an awful lot into that.

You assume Tony is not a good recruiter. We’re saddled with terrible recruiters I guess.

2 Likes

Creighton just got one of the best transfers through nIl. These small schools are going to do a lot to stay competitive.

2 Likes

Lol again, I did not, was just saying if he picked X it may be for other reasons than $$$$.

I wonder if this offer is at all similar to Gonzaga’s for Buchanan. Somewhat local prospect (though not nearly as local as Blake to Zags) who seems to really like our program. He’s seen who really wants him the most (Xavier) and we’re offering late because he’s played well and we respect him, but possibly know that he will end up elsewhere.

I really want to get him so I hope that’s not the case, and maybe my understanding of Buchanan’s recruitment is off too

2 Likes

And you made a lot of assertions I didn’t say. If you can read a bunch of nonsense into my post, I can into yours as well.

Maybe. Tony liked Trey Green last summer and even skipped out on watching a 2022 prospect’s game to watch him again that day (I remember HGN talking about something catching his eye and that player was 2023 Trey Green)

3 Likes

If the fight took place on a winery tour maybe. Even then I’m guessing most would quietly slide out to the patio and call the sheriff.

14 Likes

I think it’s a tough look because we’ve won a national title in the modern era and both Xavier and Iowa State have not. We’re the only national title team that struggles with recruiting like this

2 Likes

Everybody remember, this is the fun feel-good part of a recruitment. Let’s just enjoy it! We can always argue and backstab each other later after he commits to Xavier or forms a dynamic duo with Baby Pump at VT.

8 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Nah, a lot of UVA grads. They don’t go to bars, they go to Tea Parties, Debutante Balls and Cotillions.

:crazy_face:

1 Like

I not only liked his post, I commented on it (respectfully) and Trey Green liked my post. So, you’re welcome, CTB.

9 Likes

I guess we’re still whining about this … Iowa state was in on momclivic earlier than us and in his back yard. I’m ok with that outcome. He was always an ISU lean and we got in the mix but couldn’t change that. They’re lucky that momclivic didn’t explode into a top 30 guy and a UK/■■■■/UNC type swoops in late and ruin the party, which seems to happen when we’re in on guys early. And if I recall right, UCLA also offered so there were other big boys involved.

1 Like

One guy is fine. I have no problem losing one guy. Each recruitment is specific. But when you start aggregating across six-ten recruitments it starts to become a problem

1 Like

I also think that we will try to pair him with Gertrude as well as a *big guard, so once Reece moves on there won’t be too much of a drop off defensively.

1 Like

I think Elijah may sneak up an extra couple inches. settle in at 6-5

1 Like

18 year olds don’t care that we won a natty 3 years ago. While winning is great (especially once you are at a place) I think it is pretty far down on the list of reasons that recruits choose a school, and that was true even before NIL.

Fresh, does Elijah consider himself a CG or does he want to be PG by the end of his college career?