Tony's Biggest weakness as a coach is

Ugh … what are we to do without TimeLord - are we cooked?

DTW- I didn’t sleep last night. He changes the game. Tough one last night in Toronto. But I like what we are doing.

The biggest missed opportunity for Tony was Cuse E8 loss, not sure how much to pin on him vs Cuse just getting really hot and us missing shots. If we got to that F4, I believe we would have played UNC who was better than us, one of the few Roy teams that beat up on us.

UMBC loss team was really good but never viewed them as a F4 team after losing Hunter.

2014 team that lost to MSU was also a big missed opportunity, I think JA was coming back from injury but we were the still the better team. Other MSU lost, they were better team and just horribly seeded.

At best, I could see Tony having 2 more F4s but I’d trade our one Natty for that anyway.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t say UNC was better than us that year… We were very evenly matched, having played 2 close games, going 1-1. The ACC finals that year was a great back and forth game. Berry was their best player, by a large margin, both games… Hold him in check, and we’re in the finals that year. But, I do agree about the Cuse game, and it still stings!!

1 Like

My only issue with the Elite 8 Syracuse game is Brogdon shouldn’t have subbed out late. With extra rest coming there wasn’t a need and that’s when Syracuse started their run.

1 Like

Well good thing we’re not having similar conversations about Ty’s late game usage vs Auburn …

1 Like

Yeah - waited way too long to put Ty back in … Auburn - 14-0 run.

2 Likes

This tweet includes a gratuitous reference to Virginia, just to antagonize @chavlicek15

3 Likes

I can’t speak to how nice Duke’s plane is. But I can say our facilities are better than theirs. With all the recent upgrades I can’t think of too many schools that have significantly better stuff. Kentucky being only one that immediately jumps to mind.

1 Like

Our fleet of Escalades and parental accomodations for the year arent close to Duke’s

5 Likes

Houses too expensive in cville to buy all their parents mansions, Durham cheap

3 Likes

I had a client at the University Tower in Durham. The basketball team would have dinners on the top floor, I believe the night before a game or trip.

1. They call that building The Pickle. Because it’s phallic.

2. It’s not that nice. And they had to share an elevator with us plebeians to get to the top.

4 Likes

Get him a UHaul and a rocking chair for the ride!

2 Likes

Don’t forget to mention that the building is in a strip mall overlooking a massive stroad.

1 Like

@Galileo24 for you. Old thread discussing Tony

2 Likes