Transfer portal & late signing season

Just from my perspective at 18 I think the assumption is that things will be back to a relative state of normal come next fall. Fingers crossed at least

11 Likes

Looks like potential upheaval at UNC. Don’t understand the Kessler decision— why commit to a program with a bunch of dudes in front of you if you weren’t planning to stick it out? Choice never made much sense and now here we are. Oh well.

Wonder when we start hearing about our guys. Don’t think there’s anybody that would upset me as much as losing a Kessler-type would.

I just want to hear that Kadin is actually healthy enough to keep playing ball.

That will likely all be mostly over by next school year.

Given how much Kessler improved and how much more playing time he got in the second half of the season, I’m kinda shocked. Agree with everyone else that he’s probably had a transfer destination in mind for awhile though.

5 Likes

For sure, just goes to show with the brave new world all of these changes are making that it’ll be hard to predict what guys are gonna do

UNC fans apparently think Gonzaga, which would make a lot of sense.

Gonzaga is nearly a lock to land Chet Holmgren, so I’m not sure if Kessler would want to go there

1 Like

Does anyone here think Roy didn’t deliver on his promises to Kessler? I do remember when we were recruiting him he was intrigued by the idea that he would be able to play some on the perimeter… He sure didn’t at UNC.
He probably won’t consider us now but I would sure love to have him

2 Likes

That’s interesting if he’s referring to Walker or potentially Caleb???

If he’s referring to Walker I just don’t get what the kid didn’t have? He likely would have started next year with atleast 2 of their bigs leaving?

And what could have been promised beforehand to make him stay?

Absolutely, Kessler wants to be a stretch 5 (see Jay) and Roy said no problem

2 Likes

Get in your final shots here. Gonna close this thread shortly lol It got way off track this weekend.

3 Likes

Yes that was the main reason he left. Roy promised him he’d play the Luke Maye role but then he wasn’t allowed to be a stretch big the whole season. But what 7’0 center at UNC has been allowed to shoot outside of the paint ever? Should’ve done his hw…

1 Like

Wait? It’s not off track we are still talking about transfers?

Oh Boy! I think Kessler may require his own thread! Lol! This may get pretty interesting.

May be just me but I have a hard time seeing Kessler to UVa. Sounds like it is a Tennessee, Georgia, and potentially Auburn.

1 Like

They may be in the picture but “trust” seems to be important this go around! Plus the example was set with Huff!

1 Like

are you opening a new one>?