Transfer portal & late signing season

I think most guards transfers we contact are going to be insurance in case someone transfers out

3 Likes

Actually I just found out he is 6’5??? He looked smaller in the videos. In that case he’s worth a look!

Transfer out insurance … maybe there has already been dialogue internally about plans of a Hoo or 2 this spring

2 Likes

I also think we are rapidly reaching a healthy place where everyone is competing. Those that develop my look elsewhere.

2 Likes

I smell something here

Wow that sucks for Auburn.

Any chance Henry Coleman wants to transfer closer to home? :thinking::face_with_monocle:

I think he took that from this article.

“Right now Virginia, Duke and Louisville have offered the kid, but he would like to go to UK,” Jones added. “If Kentucky offers, he is likely to accept it immediately. This is someone I know would know that. If Virginia, Duke and Louisville have offered, wouldn’t Kentucky have to offer?”

Pass. He had his chance and I suspect we might have better transfer options.

1 Like

Kentucky will be very busy during the late signing period. They need a few players. Calipari has always depended on the summer to identify his recruits. Doubt they’ll pass on Powell. This next 50 days is going to be crazy. These guys are going to pop up repeatedly. We’re going to hear UVA mentioned a lot.

14 Likes

If Kentucky doesn’t offer, I wonder who would be second?

Wonder if we actually offered? If so it doesn’t give me the warm and fuzzies about Carson and Jabri. Would seem we are set unless we think they are going to leave.

1 Like

I think it was pretty obvious post VT that we need a SG

1 Like

Well he could be at the same skill level as Carson and Jabri, but similarly not as advanced defensively so he may not get playing time anyway.

Yup. And luckily we’ll have 3 highly touted young SGs. Unless we won’t…

I would be very surprised if the staff already knows someone is leaving. Seems to be a post tournament conversation

1 Like

Then I am curious if we have actually offered here or if the KSR guys are misinformed.

Will be interesting how the “bird in hand” approach works for the transfer market. Do you snag someone early or wait it out for the big kahuna possibly?

The word offer isn’t really part of the transfer recruiting vocabulary, not to UVA anyway. You contact, see what the player is looking for, if you could be a match, and go from there. By the time anything goes down any potential recruit will know what players are still here. But you can’t jump in later like that. It’s just how this works. You move when you have to.

2 Likes