Transfer portal & late signing season

3 Likes

Word on louisville board is Aidan Igiedon is transferring… Would fit that athletic 4 mold with 3 years left that could play the 5 some in small ball with McKoy at the 4.

2 Likes

This is going to really get crazy!

2 Likes

I dont feel worried about Carson leaving at all. I feel like he knew coming off injury that he would possibly redshirt. Also just such a TB kid

10 Likes

We definitely kicked the can on Aidan

Have you heard anything about Greg Parham? I saw that Pitt, NC State, Clemson, and VCU were some of the schools to reach out.

Based on what you said about transfer recruiting, is it safe to assume that if we don’t hear anything about UVa and Parham soon that we’re not going to explore that one?

Thanks.

I mentioned in the VIP thread, they’re looking into Parham. Not quite the no brainer like Powell.

2 Likes

What do you mean kicked the can? Didn’t want to offer or botched it up?

Talking Aidan Igiehon. They offered him a scholarship but TB never really got involved. Good illustration of the difference in how they do things today vs then. He was a Ron Sanchez recruit. Doubt UVA would have much of an in, and I don’t know that he’d fit what they want anyway. They’d want someone more proven I believe.

1 Like

Have been wondering what was going on with Igeihon. He seems to just be buried on their bench, so thought a transfer seemed likely. Coming out of high school he had all the athleticism in the world, but unclear how refined his skills were. Him never cracking the line up doesn’t necessarily indicate he’s very far along in that regard, but who knows. Hope he gets some floor time somewhere, for the sake of the future Irish national team if nothing else.

1 Like

I think like you said he is extremely athletic and physical but still very raw and still defining his game (like mamadi). Also was injured this year but also didn’t get run when he wasn’t injured, because of how he fit into what Mack eventually settled on for the year in terms of line ups and play style.

Now if Mack gets hired by Indiana or something of that sorts, I wouldn’t mind also looking at Withers again.

2 Likes

Withers was a kid whose tape I liked a lot when we briefly pursued him. What’s interesting to me is how much he’s transformed his body since getting to Louisville. I could be remembering incorrectly, but in his high school highlights he was really lanky and shooting from the perimeter a decent amount in addition to attacking the rim aggressively. But he’s put on a ton of muscle and is seemingly playing now more as a real big/4 than a versatile wing in the Hunter mold, which I thought he might become (although I haven’t watched them that much so that could be wrong). Regardless, seems like a guy with a good deal of promise.

1 Like

Ditto on Withers - loved his tape. But he has bulked up, not sure Curtis would have had him so swol

1 Like

Grew up an Auburn fan and still keep up with the program. Powell is a pretty devastating loss for them. The kid can play, really hoping we’re able to get into the mix there because he’s exactly what we’re missing right now.

5 Likes

And imagine how much Auburn would hate us if we landed him :smiling_imp: It would be delicious (JK - no offense Auva).

4 Likes

Oh it would crush my high school friends and I’m all for that.

4 Likes

As odd as it may sounds, we may have a legitimate shot here. That is, if he isn’t just waiting for the smoke to clear and choose Kentucky

3 Likes

Seems to me that taking Powell would appear to be recruiting over Abdur-Rahim and McCorkle, maybe Murray a little bit too, meaning the coaches really don’t see progress or potential there or they think someone’s leaving. Powell was ranked 185 by 247 in the same class as Jabri at 38 and Carson at 154. That’s a bit troubling to me if it’s a sign of a misevaluation or slow player development by a staff known for player development.

1 Like

Rankings aren everything though. Also Powell allows tony to play 2pgs at the same time but also have shooting. Powell was the starting pg for auburn when Sharife was out.

2 Likes

Powell’s played 10 games, and had his best games mostly against bad competition (his 26 points against Memphis being an exception), so I think there’s a slight danger of his statistical profile from that limited sample being the optimistic reflection of his talent.

1 Like