Transfer Portal Possibilities

There is going to be a deadline they have to transfer by for immediate eligibility. If they transfer after that date they will have to sit out. Believe the preliminary dates are May 1st for fall and winter sports and July 1st for spring sports. But the whole thing might be delayed another year because of the Supreme Court case.

I was told the NCAA cant put a time frame or deadline when a student can transfer or seek a new college experience. I dont know but Im glad you are saying they cant transfer and play immediately until next yr. I think that helps us tremendously. I think that help keep Casey and Papi around.

They aren’t going to let a kid play for two teams in one season even when the new transfer rules pass. As for the timing, that’s the latest rumor from the national basketball reporters. The NCAA has their big meetings in the next couple of weeks when they will make an actual decision.

1 Like

oh good lord. So inane and unimaginative at this point.

But maybe it’s what is best for him…who knows…

KY has put tons of bigs in the league early…it makes tons of sense as it is obvious his main goal is to get to the league as soon as possible…

1 Like

I don’t disagree that it might make perfect sense for him. Just boring. Inane may have been the wrong word. OTOH, Kentucky hasn’t worked out very well in cases, either.

3 Likes

What does inane mean anyway? I truly thought you just misspelled insane. LOL

7 Likes

Appreciate that Huggy actually said that. One of these days, I would appreciate if one coach on his way out the door just told everything he knew and said everything he thought about other coaches, schools, companies, etc. Don’t think it’ll ever really happen, but it’d be interesting.

4 Likes

I doubt it ever happens, but I think it would require a group of coaches to come out together to call out the cheaters. If just one coach does it, it can look like sour grapes.

4 Likes

Right, and it’d take more than just saying stuff. Anyone can assert that so-and-so or such-and-such a program is covered in dirt, but specific facts are important. Of course, one can’t run one’s own investigations, but it’s got to be something more than “Everybody knows John runs a slimey program.”

It’s almost as if there should be a collective independent body to fairly investigate those claims, make a transparent decision, and issue sanctions capable of changing behavior.

1 Like

Doubt they’d come to UVA, but you gotta think Joey Baker is ready to get out of Durham, and maybe Mark Williams and Henry Coleman if they fear being recruited over.

Already have extreme competition with AJ Griffin and Paolo Banchero coming in, not including possibly adding Patrick Baldwin.

All this is to say: I hope Duke stops getting the high four stars uva does so well with. They just don’t mean as much to them as they would to Virginia

6 Likes

It would be really interesting to see if Coleman would consider uva—and vice versa. I’d be very surprised but not completely shocked.

1 Like

This is the quagmire that I speak of. Coach K doesn’t use a deep bench and his program isn’t built for development, so if you are recruited over or take a little longer to develop, you just might find yourself buried. This wasn’t as big of an issue when the majority were leaving after one year but now one can see potential for transfers.

2 Likes

I would guess VT may be more of a potential destination for him now.

1 Like

Why is that? His momma went to UVA…and they weren’t even really heavily considered when he committed to the Duke brotherhood fund…

A) they were heavily considered, his dad played fball there

B) they could sell using him exactly like they are Mutts. Inside out 4 man

2 Likes

Curious where you heard about the Brotherhood fund, because I heard about such a thing directly from a very connected Duke alum out here in Seattle. But no insight other than a big number beyond that.

2 Likes