Transfer tracking

This will be a “Huge” boost for recruiting and transfers if he is a lottery pick.

4 Likes

I thought we might look at Parker Stewart before he transferred to Indiana. He’s back in the portal after the coaching change there. I hope we reach out.

2 Likes

This. The situation is a win-win for UVA. Would love to have him come back and showcase an expanded game/role, but as a rising senior, totally understand if he tests the process and wants to depart. Frankly, anything in the first round is great money, and especially if the right team makes a promise, it may be the best move for him.

Conversely if he leaves, it not only is another player development showcase for recruiting, it also opens up an opportunity for 1. High-impact transfers on the wing and 2. Guys like JAR to step into a large role. I am perfectly fine if next year is a youth movement mixed in with some seasoned transfers…

3 Likes

Many great points, just very wary of losing the top 3 scorers from a team that had trouble scoring in stretches

5 Likes

This may become the norm!

I always laugh at the notion that guys leaving early like Justin, ty and Kyle early will help us immensely in recruiting. Deandre was a true no brainer—he arguably stayed a year longer than he could have and was well rewarded for it. There’s no evidence that we’ve been able to close on guys we wouldn’t have anyway regardless of what those guys did. Joe and Malcolm having standout careers after staying their entire duration says a lot more. And trey has nba talent in my view but standing in one spot on the perimeter for 28 seconds on o as he often did didn’t show it. The guy came here to redshirt and grow stronger. He didn’t redshirt but he definitely needs another year to develop. And it’s not even close.

3 Likes

I think it is ironic to laugh at the notion of players going early not helping us land recruits in a Trey Murphy post but ok

10 Likes

Well, when you toss the word “immensely” in there, it gives you a lot of wiggle room.

The Swedish prospect, Klintman, certainly seems to have taken notice of Dre’s career path. We’re developing a nice track record developing non-Top 50 recruits into NBA players. I certainly don’t think that has gone unnoticed. I think it is getting us into living rooms. Whether it is helping us close deals, I don’t think anyone outside of our coaching staff really knows

I also think we know pretty well that opposing coaches used to use our lack of NBA players against us, and that arrow is no longer in their quiver.

7 Likes

Maybe another one to watch

3 Likes

This is what one of the Kentucky sites is reporting apparently

13 Likes

But that’s exactly what he will do in the NBA. Stand in the corner and shoot at an absurdly accurate rate. He is a much better prospect than Joe was and Joe is going to make tens of millions standing in the corner freeing up space for others.

As I said before I don’t see a lick of difference between he and Cam Johnson. If anything given his age he is a better prospect. Johnson went 11th.

1 Like

I’m gonna read into this a little. UK and Villanova need a 2 guard and are out with Keels. He’s down to UVa and Duke but more than likely picks Duke (noting the possibly Virginia). That’s my theory but I don’t really believe it. :man_shrugging:t3:

4 Likes

Im fully expecting a Reece, Armaan Franklin, Seth Lundy, CJ Felder, Walker Kessler starting lineup next year averaging 25 minutes. And everyone else off the bench averaging 15 minutes a game to develop more. Would be an athletic/dawg fight starting line up with solid 3pt shooting at the 2-3-4. Hopefully Reece makes 500 3s aday this summer.

They might also have better chemistry as a team due to there being an actual offseason and summer workouts with Mike Curtis

1 Like

Johnson had a lot bigger role and had established himself as someone who could create and score some off the dribble in the mid range. Trey is a better athlete, but his sample is much much smaller and on a smaller role. I’d be happy to see him in the first round

10 Likes

‘Possibly’ Virginia. Piss off Kentucky, you’ll just waste these kids.

3 Likes

Because there is no way trey transfers to Virginia without evidence that we had players leave early? And your evidence for that is what exactly?

Moved

Can I have a hit if whatever you’re using? :slight_smile:

“Was coached,” rather than “Is coached” isn’t great, tho.

WRT Trey Murphy’s draft status: His projected spot in the draft is not just dependent upon his talent. It is also affected by the talents of others who are in the draft. While I don’t follow these things, I am given to understand that this is an exceptionally strong draft class. In some year’s, Murphy would likely be a first round selection, and he should jump at the opportunity. This year, he needs to evaluate where he sits in the pecking order of things. I think we all want what is best for him. His potential is certainly worth a second look by NBA teams, and that is upon what draft decisions are based. What is at issue here is how many other players have more potential.