I see him as an offensive-minded Salt!
Watching basketball fans, message boards, and the transfer portal is sort of like watching kids in a candy shop. âI want that one!â âOh, I want that one!â âOh, Oh, Iâve got to have that one!â That said, what is the realistic probability that we know of the staffâs real interest, or, even, legitimate mutual interest, twenty-four hours before a commitment? Or, is it 48 or 72 hours? Just curious what others are thinking!
If I were going TP as a player I would be sure to have a very good idea who was interested before going in. Wonder how many of these guys are already locked up when they go in or are they just winging it?
InterestingâŚ
https://twitter.com/daveth89/status/1375847749132902404?s=19
think thatâs making room for Keels with Roach coming back, too?
Canât help but wonder if it was encouraged or if he just wants more playing time. Certainly wonder if Keels decision is a factor.
Heâs a senior. Just taking advantage of extra year.
but he can stay at Duke and do that, too. Seems like he was told the inn will be fullâŚ
I personally hope that we donât pick up any short-term transfers, especially if they are at positions where we already have young players who need development. If we get anyone, I hope itâs someone who has 3-4 years left and can develop with the other guys.
We donât know yet how Murphyâs situation will play out or what the intention of our young reserves is. If JAR were to transfer and then Murphy goes pro, it would probably represent the worst outcome of a transfer - one who stays only short-term, leaves based only on pro potential, and who delays the development of a younger guy in the program. JAR and McCorkle are just freshmen, so they should still see bright prospects for playing time and development; but if we bring in any transfer wings or guards that throw a blanket over their development prospects, who could blame them if they left.
I am hoping for great strides in the offseason from Reece, JAR, and Carson. Also hope for good things from Taine and even more growth and leadership from Kihei. I hope any transfers fill needs that we donât have on the roster such as a true power forward who can score - someone who can back up either a Shedrick or a Murphy but could also be on the floor with either. I fear that bringing in upper class competition for younger guys we already have is going to create frustration and roster instability that will plague us for years to come and also ruin our reputation for player development.
Need to strike a balance with the transfers and the young guys. If we get 2 transfers and they play 30+ minutes the young kids could be gone in 2022 when you need them. I hope we can give them some minutes even if transfers do come. It will be interesting to see if CTB makes any adjustments to how he does rotations from here forward.
Yeah, if everyone the Kentucky boards think theyâll get actually went there theyâd have a 27-man roster.
On Keels, it feels like this time last year is when Virginia had momentum. I think it was the same day Murphy committed (mid-April) is when the famous tweet appeared that he was close to picking UVa. At the time I think most believed he was picking between UVa and Nova. As close to the vest as his recruitment has been played, to this day I believe someone on the Nova side tipped off the person or someone connected to the Twitter account it was happening and it pissed off the Keels side. Seems from that point on, it has been an uphill climb. I believe itâs also about the time Duke began to ramp things up from their side. Once the early signing period went by, I kinda felt chances turned slim to none.
What a difference a year makes.
Iâm gonna get mashed on this but Iâm not all that hyped up adding Kessler if it becomes an option. Just donât think he is a real need compared to adding a player like Mitchell, Atkins, or Mamadi. I think the future in the middle is on the roster with Shedrick. Still believe if he doesnât have health issues, his game grows so much. From the little I saw, Shedrick appears to be a much better option inside and would have show it this past season. Just never got the sense Huff ever had much desire to mix it up insde and preferred playing on the perimeter.
NVM: watching film: not athletic and nothing he does that McKoy canât provide.
Dang, I must be sleeping on Justin if we can expect this kind of production from him next year (adjusted for pace of course) lol
I think Justin could provide that role if given a little more freedom to build his confidence. He has a better skillset than we realize. Sorta like Braxton at Bama vs UVA Braxton. What im saying is the kid above wouldnât do much for us.
Was expecting that.
Also not a recruit we are involved with but Bobby Pettiford in an interview said something along the lines of: some coaches and teams are all out recruiting me. Others are still going through team meetings with their players and waiting for the dust to settle. So I think all the transfers we are involved with are aware of our current process.
Despite what insiders are picking, there are signs that he may be coming full circle. Just reading the tea leaves!
What tea leaves?