Transfer wish list 2022-2023

It’s interesting the syracuse board refers to him as a “low ceiling athlete” and “not the greatest athletes but he works hard and hustles”. I didn’t think that originally but that may have been the case.

He was never a “great” athlete! That’s why I wondered why so many on here wanted him!

1 Like

Isaac cubed. I also remember HGN saying Pop Isaac’s dad is a big time figure in southwest basketball recruiting world.

His assist to turnover ratio isn’t great though, despite the good scoring and 3pt shooting percentage for a first year.

I think that would be Isaacs squared. Or Isaac to the fourth.

1 Like

Why would we expect Pop Pop to transfer? Sunset Rick would be the all time entertaining parent to have around, can’t imagine TB dealing with him though. haha

4 Likes

I think my position is: not sure why we had no interest out of HS because he seems to fit the mold of guys we have had success with (semi blue collar, pretty athletic, power forward who would have a reasonably high likelihood of blossoming in our program), but I didn’t see anything tonight that would make me salivate over him as a frosh transfer. I think not having taken him out of high school you pass on him as a frosh transfer and go after a grown ass man instead.

8 Likes

I think he needs to develop another skill on offense or defense to be interesting. Right now he plays like a center on offense (taken exactly 1 shot that hasn’t been logged as “at rim”) that is pretty low-usage. And it’s unclear how much rim protection he can provide (kinda weird to evaluate it in the zone). If he can pass/make a play with the ball, or block shots, he gets more interesting.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Maliq Brown 15 pts 5 rbs 2 assists vs ND

Opportunity to play right away is important. Of course nowhere near 100% hit rate but there are so many 2 and 3 star kids who if given the opportunity would ball out at the power 5 level (we should know all too well lol).

Brizzi to Davidson

2 Likes

Link?

5 Likes

Thought I posted the other day, only in my head apparently. Matthew Cleveland (yes I know he’s likely gone after this season) but man he’d be a perfect 3 for us and he desperately needs Mike Curtis. Do any of those FSU wings or bigs actually lift? Sinking but skinny

4 Likes

If he can become a better shooter, I really like him, but that’s also what the NBA scouts are sayin, I guess

1 Like

Cleveland is shooting 44% from 3 on the season so far.

Very low volume. Increasing now though

2 Likes

I wish Zach Edey would transfer to uva.

8 Likes

@Hooandtrue interesting point guard targets watch list

Javian McCollum (Sienna): 15.8 ppg. 36% from 3pt. 3.8 assists to 3.2 turnovers (@Richan34 brought him up in dream thread). 2 years left after this season.

Jackson Paveletzke (Wofford): 14.1 ppg. 32% from 3 (was shooting better before coach canned mid season). 3.7 assists to 2.0 turnovers (@JoeBoxley brought him up. He’s also a wisconsin recruit). 3 years left

RayJ Dennis (Toledo): 18.5 ppg. 35.3% from 3. 6 assists to 2 turnovers a game. 1 year left (would be grad transfer with his covid year).

4 Likes

Some other intriguing point guard portal prospects.

Bennett Stirtz (NW MO St): Already went into depth on him in the dream recruiting thread.

Ta’Lon Cooper (Minnesota): 10.8 ppg. 5.7 assists to 2.6 turnovers. 49% from 3 (on low volume). Would be a solid grad transfer for depth addition. Always need another pg

Trenton Massner (Western Illinois): 17.9 ppg. 5.2 assists to 2.9 turnovers. 37.3% from 3 (another grad transfer depth addition piece)

Jaelen House (New Mexico): 17.3 ppg. 4.8 assists to 2.4 turnovers. 40% from 3. Grad transfer potential starter candidate (if Richard Pitino gets hired by a power 5 again and Jaelen House decides to bounce but still stay in college).

Anders Nelson (William and Mary): 10.7 ppg. 4.6 assists to 2.5 turnovers. 40.8% from 3. Grad transfer depth pg.

Steven Ashworth (Utah State): 15.7 ppg. 4.5 assists to 1.5 turnovers. 48.6% from 3. 2 years left and a starter candidate.

5 Likes