Trevor Keels Announces Final 3

3 Likes

gotta be us, nova, duke right?

3 Likes

One of us, Duke, Michigan, or Nova is about to be upset.

Michigan would seem like the cut, right?

Honestly I would guess itā€™s Michigan or us

Frankly, if we ainā€™t getting him, Iā€™d rather we got cut now and had some closure. Still would love for him to be a Hoo ā€“ and think it would be mutually beneficial ā€“ but this recruitment has been exhausting. And, Iā€™z gettinā€™ too old for this.

5 Likes

Almost certainly will be us, Nova, and Dook. Wondering if HGN or Tugard has any thoughts as it seems Keels is moving closer to his decision.

Same as Iā€™ve been saying, were just talking about in the VIP room lol They feel good about it, pushing it wrap it up. Looks like itā€™ll come to an end soon. UVA is on the final 3, lock. I donā€™t really like that heā€™s putting out the list because this is sort of a way to ā€œmove forwardā€ without really but itā€™s something anyway.

13 Likes

Thatā€™s what I figured. Nothing new here really

Final 3 typically means decision has already been made, no?

You think there is a chance one of the supposed favorites gets left out. Granted, he may not pick UVa, but to see Duke or Nova not makes it would give me a good laugh.

1 Like

Usually yep. Not sure thatā€™s the case here. Hope it is because I think that would be UVA. My worry is this is a stall basically.

If the 3 arenā€™t UVA, Villanova, and Duke then the decision has been made. He would just be sparing fans. Morsell did something like that with his final list. Put out teams that recruited him earliest as like a thank you, and left out Maryland/Georgetown that had actually tried at the end. Was a way of not leading their fans on.

9 Likes

Keels could pick UVA, stay 8 years like Jack Salt, and his time as a Hoo still wouldnā€™t feel as long as his recruitment has.

12 Likes

Donā€™t think itā€™s Duke if the commitment is soon but I could be wrong. Banchero popped out of nowhere for Duke but they had been recruiting him for ages.

Keels didnā€™t even become a priority for Duke until they saw Christie was going to stay midwest early, but saving face as a ā€œWe eased off Christie to prioritize Keelsā€ narrative. I would think Duke is very much in a relationship building phase. That and the fact that Keels still talks to Tony regularly. I donā€™t think Keels would play games with Tony given how much respect he has for Tony regardless of whether he ends up a Hoo or not.

6 Likes

Either that or heā€™s playing us.

1 Like

Maybe but the way Keels has talked about Tony in interviews and the relationship they have would lead me to believe otherwise.

I am in the camp that this recruitment would have been over long ago if other factors werenā€™t in play. But Keels is a good kid regardless and if he goes to Nova you wish him well and if he goes to Duke you hope he rots in hell and move on

10 Likes

How do we sign up for VIP? I know itā€™s been stated I just donā€™t remember

1 Like

Obviously, Tony knows something we donā€™t. I do believe someone in his camp is mucking things up and trying to control this recruitment which worries me long term.

We donā€™t need someone in his ear when he goes through ups and downs, while being with the team.

I feel like those kinds of things are inevitable (especially with the highly ranked guys) youā€™d just rather they donā€™t turn public like it did with Dreā€™s brother.

4 Likes

If you go to the message board page on your mobile device, there is a drop down that says ā€˜latestā€™ on it. If you click it itā€™ll give you the option to subscribe.

1 Like

Is there a good source of comprehensive info as to what VIP entails? I feel like that may convince some people like myself

Thanks for signing up. Itā€™s not really intended to be like the top secret information club. lol I guess weā€™re looser with rumors there though. VIP members avoid ads, get occasional discounts on merch, and other perks. Mostly we just make fun of @DurtyNellys in the thread.

10 Likes