Trevor Keels Announces Final 3

Man, the Sabre is super negative about Keels. Do those guys know something I don’t?

I don’t go there much, but one or two guys that do occasionally know things aren’t throwing in the towel, maybe even slightly confident

2 Likes

Used to go to the Sabre all the time but they are superrrr negative about every single thing possible over there.
I think I’ll stick to hanging out here lol

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure most of them are just annoyed with his recruitment at this point and believe he ‘doesn’t seem like a guy who values the pillars.’ :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I love the sabre but there is a large contingent that somehow think an instagram post makes you a bad person. Old people…lol

10 Likes

A whole lot of ‘get off my lawn’ types

4 Likes

For what it’s worth both Duke and Nova fans on 247 still feel super confident lol.

I really want Keels just to watch the meltdowns on those boards. But i’ll live regardless and maybe no Keels means we can nab Collin Smith and Chris Bunch in 2022 to add along with Trey Kaufman in 2021 and have a 2-4 unit that can switch on defense in the packline a la Oregon 2019.

1 Like

The Sabre message boards are a complete shit show these days. It’s just one idiot after another, and most of the good posters have long moved on or don’t post much at all.

When it comes to basketball recruiting, EspressHoo and CZAR are the about only two posters left there who know anything at all. Anyone else who claims to know anything is guessing or lying.

8 Likes

Whatever CZAR says goes. Thats the one I follow for the inside info

2 Likes

It’s in the UVA fan DNA to be negative I think. Gets really frustrating to deal with sometimes. For nearly every recruit we’ve gotten, I’ve had very smart people tell me it was pointless, a waste of time, why aren’t we moving on, etc.

14 Likes

I just think that no one knows anything. All three staffs are hopeful or even confident for whatever reason but I think most are ready for it to be over then you either celebrate or move on to 22.

1 Like

Uvadeac92 has good stuff from time to time too

2 Likes

What do you think he’s waiting for?

I don’t think he is waiting. Villanova vs UVA has been more or less decided even though they’ll both be named finalists. We think it went our way. Villanova coaches might think it went theirs. haha Now comes the more ideological battle of UVA (we think) vs Duke. That’s the decision being made now.

20 Likes

I get the feeling that all three staffs are being told what they want to hear.

I hate to say it but it’s a cesspool when it comes to the basketball board. A bunch of people have no clue and some who think they do are worse. Bottom line, the Virginia staff is being told something to continue to recruit Keels hard. There are a couple of very reputable people who post who believe UVa has trended back to the top of the list.

6 Likes

Ah, the playing us line is old, a safety net for fans in case he goes elsewhere. Bennett is smart enough to know when it’s happening. I think he would know and would have stopped recruiting him long ago if that was the case.

10 Likes

The soundtrack to Keels’ recruitment: Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want

2 Likes

Nice that @TheVanillaGorilla still hangs out here despite not getting a UVA offer. haha Ben Gregg has filmed his commitment by the way, so that’s over. Corey Evans is picking Gonzaga.

7 Likes

Good choice if Corey is right

2 Likes