Trevor Keels Announces Final 3

Kaufman’s answers to these questions for me made me laugh for some reason. A very untypical recruiting interview and I like it. He’s very blunt

Edit: just realized this is a paywall. There has to be a free trial out there or something. But it highlights how analytical he is. Talks about which aspects are most important to him (roster construct, NBA development, etc.).

https://northcarolina.rivals.com/news/kaufman-talks-visit-and-list

2 Likes

Reading that interview the distance from home will be a big factor in his decision.

1 Like

Yeah that was not a positive quote. But we seem to still be pretty confident and IU base is. thinking it’s not set in stone he goes to Indiana.

That being said, I think ultimately he does end up at Indiana if he isn’t able to build those connections with our players as well. But im just guessing and I do think we are very close in this recruitment/on that same top tier line with Indiana for preferences.

1 Like

https://www.pointguardeyes.com/keels-and-mcdaniel

4 Likes

I like Dug McDaniel. Super quick with a nice handle and great pressure offensively and defensively. I hope we recruit him as he could step into Kihei’s place as similarly diminutive guard.

5 Likes

HGN - you mentioned in the Taine story that his commit might help with Trevor. Can you elaborate?

1 Like

Oh I don’t think it’s any real boost. I’m just saying it doesn’t hurt, and if anything it only helps because it’s another talented player. Shooters open up the court.

10 Likes

Not sure if it means anything but Wiliford tweeted this morning that it’s a great day to be a Wahoo, and ended with “Hoo’s next?”

20 Likes
15 Likes

USA shirt, Villanova shorts

2 Likes

I thought this workout pic was old?

Posted 3 hours ago by his trainer

We are loaded! Choice is his to make. UVA has a lot to offer. He is by no means a have to have, however!

1 Like

At this point, he’s not going to play his hand like that… To me, it means Villanova is out, lol.

6 Likes

Apparently Trevor is friends with our newest baseball commit :thinking:
Although he’s in HS class of '23 so its possible that they would never be on grounds at the same time if Keels left for the draft after 2 years.

9 Likes

Where’s he from? Same HS?

He goes to Gonzaga which is also in DC

2 Likes

Gotcha. Could be close

Looks like 3 crystal balls have dropped on 24/7 for Keels to Puke – all 3 from Devil’s Den people. Still, the end seems near – and a Hoos commitment would be some serious CTB magic at this point! That said, would, as always, love for Mr. Keels to drive down Route 29, mess around, and get a triple double. And, GO HOOS!!!

8 Likes

Bryson Moore…corner infielder and RHP.

We probably like him first at pitcher because the pitching coach, Drew Dickinson, tweeted out the commit notice last night.

Moore is our 10th commit in the 2023 baseball class. Perfect Game, sort of the 247 or Rivals of baseball, ranks him 88th in their Top 500 for the 2023 class.

Moore is the third highest rated recruit in the 2023 class for the Hoos. We also have a pitcher from Florida ranked 101, so that class could end up with at least four Top 100 recruits.

11 Likes