Trevor Keels Announces Final 3

I agree, he is ahead of Brogdan at this point but he is still a good comp

1 Like

I think the comp for Keels is Cuseā€™s Tyus Battle. We didnā€™t get him either and itā€™s a shame. Heā€™d be in the NBA.

2 Likes

I think Brogdon is a good comp, and itā€™s a better comp than Duke or Nova can throw out (Lowry maybe but different build and size/ Neither Wendell Moore nor Gary Trent have pg kills/ball lead skills).

But in terms of a comparison free of his suitors, I really am growing on him as a Marcus smart type who will need two years with Mike Curtis to develop his body even more (to get to marcus smart level physique) and build upon the hard work he has already put with his trainers in changing his body type.

5 Likes

I agree! I thought the same regarding how much he could benefit from working with Mike Curtis. However, I didnā€™t want to go there. Duke canā€™t compete with Mike either. Best in the business!

Brogdonā€™s red-shirt year, although due to injury / rehab, was very beneficial to his development. I remember many didnā€™t think Brogdon had those skills either. However, CTB obviously saw them and nurtured / assisted In Brogdonā€™s hard-earned development.

How interesting would it have been to watch Mooreā€™s and Trentā€™s development under CTBā€™s tutelage.

5 Likes

Apparently the guy who does Tipton edits is predicting Trevor to Duke

Thatā€™s the logical choice.

The positive side is he clarified he didnā€™t post any kids who already told him their choice.

3 Likes

Things seem to have gone reallllly quite w Trevor. Can sometimes mean something is pending. Defining silence is also a trait of a lot of our recruitments, so you never know.

Thatā€™s a good point. I would think all 3 staffs have an idea where things are going. I wonder if the staff still feels good or beginning to realize this one may not break their way. And thatā€™s not me throwing in the towel, just a gut feeling he ends up at UVa.

6 Likes

Today itā€™s a USA shirt but UVA shorts :eyes:

10 Likes

#futurehoo f***ing confirmed

2 Likes

Hoos hues suit him! Wahoowa!

Heā€™s slimmed down quite a bit. Obviously, a strength coach will be important to him. Thanks for Coach Curtis! Check!

6 Likes

Keels hanging with Victor Oladipo. Maybe Brogdon comes up in the conversationā€¦ :thinking:

10 Likes

I remember CTB seemed to want Markelle Fultz pretty bad. I can see some similarities between them. However, Fultz tends to play above the rim a little more than Keels at this stage. Considering his potential, can you imagine Keels with 2, maybe 3 years with Curtis and CTB. Wow!!

5 Likes

Man thatā€™s crazy to think about. If Fultz has stayed in college Iā€™m pretty sure this year would be his senior year, and look at him now! Just need a little time and development. Keels could do that better and faster with UVAā€™s staff

4 Likes

@TUGARD Hereā€™s ur fav cruit!
https://247sports.com/college/villanova/Article/Meyer-Mailbag-Rick-Majerus-Texas-Tech-Chris-Beard-Trevor-Keels-Breon-Pass-Utah-North-Carolina-State-Duke-Virginia-Villanova-151830524/

1 Like

lol. Jerry saying absolutely nothing.

3 Likes

Not much but seems like it will be a out of the blue announcement if we are to believe recruiting speak lol. Good to know heā€™s been in contact with Casey a little

3 Likes

@HoozGotNext Next work meeting tell Justin Anderson to text Keels this with no caption/follow up message

8 Likes