Trevor Keels Announces Final 3

Good enough for Gonzaga but not quite good enough for us. I know it’s much more complex than that, and I’m revealing my ignorance with that comment, but this sure has been one confusing, frustrating recruiting cycle.

2 Likes

And if Kaufman commits to UVA would you feel the same way?

2 Likes

They both seem like really good players. I’d take either of them; thankfully I’m not staff lol

We have several good options in 2022 as well as good standing with Kaufman. Ben Gregg is a good player and could be rock steady at Gonzaga but there are questions about who he defends at being 6’7, playing under the rim, and not very mobile despite good passing and shooting.

We will be fine. This isn’t one to lose sleep over.

4 Likes

Also, we have a good shooting tall guy active in 21 in Murphy. I think Kaufman will be a good compliment to McKoy at 4.

4 Likes

One guy that gets me is Builtbadgers… dude is a clown and a piece of work. I know of a couple of great Sabre posters that stopped posting because of his drivel.

1 Like

I actually like built but that’s just me.

I know staff want both, but would Taine actually come if Keels came as well? I wouldn’t think Keels cares either way because outside Duke and Kentucky there isn’t really a threat to over-recruit 5* talent. Both are good enough to care out minutes right away though.

3 Likes

Welcome To the board SlickAce!! I respectfully disagree. I think he has knowledgeable input and obviously knows the Bennett family fairly well.

2 Likes

I think he used to be more involved/interested. The past couple of years have been posts on the same theme of “it takes a special player to embrace the challenge of Virginia Basketball”.

5 Likes

I do agree with that comment. However, you could certainly add Virginia Football to that comment.

1 Like

Corey quadruples down on Nova vs Duke for Keels

2 Likes

“Trevor Keels is expected to narrow his school list to a final three in the coming days and while questions still remain as to who the third team will be, it is more of a two-team battle between Duke and Villanova.”

eye-roll

2 Likes

I know that I am in the minority but the tea leaves are indicating that he may be correct.

I think we should be all prepared for that likelihood - D*ke and Nova are a tough pair to beat in any recruiting battle.

Feedback loop. I do think it’s a two team race though.

2 Likes

When you say tea leaves do you mean stuff you hear or recruiting articles? Because I’m willing to acknowledge the former but the latter seems like a feedback loop indeed

1 Like

Nothing that I have heard. Just 40 years of following recruiting, reading related articles, his deceptive actions, and comparing to the actions of those involved.

1 Like

Deceptive actions … what?

You should be embarrassed as an adult about how Trevor Keels’ recruitment has triggered you for weeks now.

Keels doesn’t owe you any clarity about his recruitment, and you don’t know what’s transpiring behind the scenes between him, his family, and our coaches.

It will all be over soon enough and UVa basketball is going to be just fine regardless of what happens, so stop acting like a jaded schoolgirl.

15 Likes

How many years did Roach and Keels play together? If Keels picks Dook, I feel the Roach connection may play a big part.

1 Like

It’s just my opinion. That’s all. I don’t mean to offend anyone.

4 Likes