UNC at UVA game thread

I think it will be a good game for Dunn to get some run. We need his athleticism tonight.

This is basically how I thought coming in as well. Where I have changed is IMac off the bench can sub any of the 3 guards depending on the game and thats really valuable I think.

He could go off tonight as well. UNC doesnt really prepare for specific players, they just do their thing which should give Isaac some good looks.

But they will adjust in the second half if someone(s) is hot

5 Likes

This!

Their adjustment defensively is normally to just throw Leaky Black on whoever gets hot from the perimeter and it works pretty well.

2 Likes

True, but if weā€™ve got four shooters on the floor shooting 38-50 percent from three, heā€™s gonna have to pick his poison.

1 Like

Yes. And run those half court traps with 7 footers

1 Like

Iā€™m starting to really like Dunnā€™s rebounding. Heā€™s aggressive and his arms are so long that he seems to grab a couple of rebounds a game (when he plays) just by having them up in the air in a crowd around the rim. As many have noted, not surprising Dunn was a DNP against Syracuse since heā€™s not strong right now in any of the skills you need against that zone. A little better match up tonight if Kadin or Caffaro are in to take on Bacot, but probably still wonā€™t get a whole lot of run since UNC is wing deficient outside of Leaky.

3 Likes

Their shot selection is atrocious, which helps (and RJ is short)

2 Likes

By defensive rebound %, Dunn has been our best defensive rebounder ā€¦ Guess who is 2nd best?

1 Like

Also Dunn.

3 Likes

I cheated and looked it up. Itā€™s Taine, but can we count him since he plays so sparingly? If we donā€™t, itā€™s really even among our bigs, but Caffaro noses 'em out.

Anyone being guarded by Taine (this hurts as a former #tainever)

2 Likes

Iā€™m with Fresh on this. David and Love are chuckers. They force a lot of bad shots. Sometimes, they get hot and those shots go in. Thatā€™s essentially what happened during last yearā€™s tournament. You never know when itā€™s going to happen, but when it does, theyā€™re hard to beat.

On the other hand, I think Manek was the X Factor against us last year, and I donā€™t think Nance ā€“ even if he plays ā€“ is going to be as big a problem.

5 Likes

The one way they get hot tonight is getting wide open looks out of the post-double and seeing a few of those fall.

1 Like

Stretch 4s in general kill us.

Leaky Black moved down to the 4 with Nance out is something im not complaining about at all. Heā€™s a ā€œcrowd goes wild when he hits a 3ā€ kind of guy. Not Manek lol.

3 Likes

Whatā€™s the betting line on McKoy hitting 3 3s tonight? Let me hammer that.

3 Likes

Yessir. I said the same thing regarding Manek. He was a problem

3 Likes

2018 Oklahoma - frosh Trae Young, frosh Brady Manek, soph Kam McGusty. Lost an OT game in the dance to the most forgettable URI team.

2 Likes

Yeah, I expected Nance to be a more mobile, athletic version of Manek for the Heels, but he seems to have been a downgrade. Not sure whether I would rather see him play tonight or not.

Haha thanks I know a guy @jazznutUVA

2 Likes