UNC at UVA game thread

We’ve been punished with the double team and hedges though which makes me fearful. Were fortune Syracuse’s bigs are not true post threats whatsoever (Edwards is a stick who benefits from rebounding all the missed chucks for put backs it feels like lol).

1 Like

Don’t know. He’s the king of getting a pass though.

4 Likes

We are very terrible this year in our rotations when doubling … unless Dunn is on the floor as the 3 then no doubling … maybe some fake doubling to make him pick up the dribble?
Or maybe late doubles after he’s started his move to surprise him?
The other problem with doubling is we are too small to rebound 3 against 4…

2 Likes

The Dragon has landed

28 Likes

Game face is on!

4 Likes

Locked and ready

4 Likes

We gonna need updates on Where is Dragon today

2 Likes

Unfortunately Bacot has been pretty good about passing out of our doubles in the past. I agree we have to do it some. Defending him 1v1, doubling the post or dropping a guard down is gonna be an interesting coaching decision for CTB tonight. Also what the plan for Kihei is if they put Leaky on him again. Though if no Nance Leaky will have to check Gardner

2 Likes

Yup, that’s an interesting element tonight.

No idea what we do or what’s best but I’d like to see us dig rather than double

6 Likes

@BDragon Nice jersey!

4 Likes

Last year they just put Bacot on Jayden cause Jayden couldn’t do anything there on either end against Bacot, and they hid Manek on Kadin since we weren’t feeding Kadin the ball or forcing the mismatch/issue there.

We didn’t make their front court work or adjust at all.

2 Likes

I’ll go out on a limb and predict Dunn has an impact tonight - on the defensive end.

2 Likes

I’ll take the under (not much Dunn). I don’t see the right matchup for him, unless three of their guards start going berserk and we just need another look. Leaky doesn’t do much offensively, Nance might not play, and Dunn is way too slight for Bacot. Maybe on one of their backups (Nickel? Puff? Styles?)

1 Like

The only Dunn matchup I could see is if we rolled out:

Kihei, Armaan, McKneely, Dunn, Shedrick

1 Like

And the Cuse game showed that Ryan isn’t on the “must play” list.

I think that’s a very good lineup, and I’d love to see it, and I rarely get what I want, so my prediction is probably not. (Kihei OR Reece – remember that OR? – I really liked that OR and I still do). (Sorry all you Kihei AND Reece fans, us Kihei OR Reece fans took our lumps early on, but the season isn’t over…)

1 Like

Been pretty good together offensively … but not great defensively still… probably would be better if Reece were 100%

2 Likes

Agree - though I think Reece getting healthier and i-Mac getting / staying confident offensively will give us more guard rotation flexibility in Feb/March.

1 Like

Yeah, I remember saying (repeatedly) before the season that the indication of our success this season would be seeing IMac sliding into the starting rotation and seeing Kihei become the backup PG sooner rather than later. That hasn’t worked out exactly as I expected, and the combo of Reece and Kihei has been much better than expected.

But I still think IMac’s progress and growing confidence both shooting and driving is still critical to our ability to win the ACC and to go deep into the tournament.

5 Likes

We will need Dunn’s rebounding ability tonight. I hope he gets some run…

2 Likes