Updated 2021 Recruiting Rundown

He’s commited to Arizona

He’s from Quebec actually, played for their Adidas AAU program. The offer comes from a tweet about this time last year claiming UVA and several others, which wasn’t true. He was someone they were looking at in the spot that went to Jabri. I think UVA was actually more into his teammate, another French Canadian that went to Clemson.

1 Like

Good article on Kentucky’s reachout to Efton from the Kentucky side.

A telling quote from a coach of Efton’s: "Reid has openly talked about a possible move to the 2020 class. So, will reclassification happen?

“That’s an option,” Kassab acknowledged. “He’s keeping that option open, but I would say that the chances are not very good that that’s going to happen. He’s probably going to take his time. There are some schools that he definitely wants to visit in person. I know a lot of these kids are making early decisions. He’s a very bright kid, so he’s going to evaluate every scenario.”"

Efton and Kentucky

4 Likes

I just wonder how easy it is to reclassify in the world that we currently live in. Fairfax County shut down for 4 weeks before trying to reopen last week online but their software was a mess and had to shut down again last week and this week. I just wonder academically this school year and being able to do whatever is needed to reclassify over the summer if it is really possible. I have no ideal what goes into reclassifying.

3 Likes

If I remember correctly from a past conversation on these forums, some reclass kids are kids who never left their original academic year, the “reclassifying” is just changing between whether they are starting college after they graduate academically or doing a post grad year. I assume those kids are probably fine in terms of being able to reclass, especially with the NCAA stating that they will be flexible around academic eligibility (can’t remember the source). But I’m not sure if Efton would fall into that category of reclassifying kids.

1 Like
8 Likes

Despite all the discussion of re-classification, I have to wonder why any prospect anywhere would want to join the class of 2020. I would think that there is too much uncertainty. There’s a very real possibility that next season will be disrupted. Depending on how matters progress, it could start late, it could be ended early, and there is the distinct chance it might never happen. Why would any prospect want to begin their collegiate career in such an unstable situation? It’s bad enough for those members of the class who had no choice. Why would anyone volunteer for it?

7 Likes

Excellent point!

1 Like

Distinct chance there are no high school hoops as well. Gotta move forward somewhere.

1 Like

This was great. Thanks!

Mack is one I’m very curious to watch over the years. He’s snagged a few guy we offered and is pulling in some highly rated talent. That said, not sure what I think of his team construction yet.

1 Like

Efton’s 2019 summer highlights

Saw this posted on twitter and hadn’t personally seen it. More extensive highlights of Efton from last summer.

1 Like

The UNC analysts talk about how UVa is 45 minutes from Efton’s HS and that he is a bit of a Mama’s boy which could work in CTB’s favor. They also say UVa is currently in the lead and a good fit.

6 Likes

Brian Snown is reporting we’ve offered 21 Indiana PF Trey Kaufman.

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_X2jCfnsll/

4 Likes

To what lucky school does that simple, beautiful, iconic logo belong? Jealous.

12 Likes

Honestly already thought he had one. For those familiar with his game is he more similar to Reid or Holmes

Does this mean we’re not as confident we can pull Holmes from the West Coast? It’s understandable given the circumstances but I think that especially for the ‘21 kids going further from home shouldn’t be as much of an issue.

2 Likes

Team Loaded made sure they got that Kansas offer reported didn’t they. haha!

5 Likes

I wouldn’t read that much into it. They always want a secondary target. Kaufman will be very very hard to get.

2 Likes