🏀 UVA at Duke, Sat, 2 Mar, 1800, ESPN

6 PM Eastern Saturday on ESPN

7 Likes

Fuck Dook.

5 Likes

Stress free and no expectations. That being said screw dook

8 Likes

Ok but for real how do we win this?

Duke seems like a tougher match up than UNC for us, position by position. The three guards are tough, and they roasted us with high ball screen last year a la Pitt this year.

1 Like

Go out and play free. It’s house money so sling that thang around and see what happens.

10 Likes

Make it ugly as possible a la unc and hope McCain doesnt Cormac Ryan us.

Duke is meh defensively but their 3 guards can all pop off. Let Filipowski get his Marvin Bagley statline and shut down the rest

Reece Roach

Mckneely Proctor

Dunn Mccain

Groves Mitchell

Minor Filipowski (Post was a good warm up)

9 Likes

Minor should be able to cover him well with Flip’s recent lower leg amputation. I’m hopeful.

10 Likes

The games they lost all happened when their interior defense didn’t hold up. Have whoever McCain guards set a screen for Reece every possession to either put them in a bad switch or leave his man open to show help on a Reece drive. The roll and replace thing they were doing against BC should probably make an appearance here too.

Also cross your fingers for some three point variance.

5 Likes

If we shoot >16 3 attempts and attack/get in the bonus like yesterday, should be another vintage close one. But offense needs to be very focused in those success areas.

8 Likes

I assume they’re going to have a memorial service for the kid who was tragically crushed during the loss at Wake Forest? Filiopowski I think? Parents had to send the dental work for positive identification as the remains were so badly mangled. I understand Wake will have to replace the section of the floor because they couldn’t get all the blood stains out.

Maybe the UVA team should show good sportsmanship and respect by wearing little ribbons with his number on it.

5 Likes

Please add in the notes that Jared McCain wears fingernail polish.

1 Like

IMG_2970
IMG_2971

1 Like

Was he the one who got hurt and is crying? Or is his fake “hold me back” worst acting than Flip

2 Likes

Scheyer Face - I thought it was a relic of his playing days but he’s still got it

4 Likes

We’re gonna win

5 Likes

We must put Roach in the Reece Motel. Roaches check in, but they don’t check out.

9 Likes

The angel and devil on Tony’s shoulders:

6 Likes

No, we aren’t.

1 Like

Bucket mouth!

1 Like

Call me crazy if you want (I am a little) but I’ve had a good feeling about this one all week. Hope I’m right

3 Likes