🏀 UVA at Virginia Tech, Mon, 19 Feb, 1900, ESPN

Anyone going to the free bacon we’re going to donate to the VT fans in the second half?

2 Likes

Already….you guessed it…”nervous” about this one lol

Offense needs to step up. Tech in Cassell is always guaranteed to shoot well against us and in the last few losses there we’ve faded down the stretch.

Tyler Nickel for VT worries me in this one. Think we match up well with their starting lineup but he missed some open looks in the first game that could’ve made it much closer. He’s the bench X factor for them

9 Likes

I’m hoping this is one where we see the variability with our offense tick back in our favor. There’s been ups and downs since we “turned the corner,” but downs don’t typically last for all that long.

A the same time, I could see us getting punched in the mouth in this one - two days rest after a hard fought game, Cattoor’s bullshit, Cassell bullshit, etc. etc.

2 Likes

8-27 from 3 in our last 2 games and Groves has only it 1 in those 2 games. We are due…right?

9 Likes

I feel like Isaac will have a big game. Kind of a home game for him.

7 Likes

Hokies are not a good defensive team at all. We were pretty meh offensively and still dropped 60+ on them last time.

Dont double Lynn Kidd, switch 1 through 4, and make sure everyone’s headlights have fresh batteries.

5 Likes

Hopefully we can bait Pedulla into “doing-too-much” mode. He made some 3s in the first game, but was bad on 2s and had 7 turnovers.

This also looks like a Minor game, to keep Kidd and Poteat off their spots down low again.

2 Likes

Minor had a breakout game against them last time, feel like he’s gonna be key once again. His production has been down the past few games and he’s lost some minutes to BB, but I really feel like we’re gonna need his physicality inside both offensively and on the glass. VT is horrible at defending pick and rolls so I’m hoping we’re able to exploit that again, and then of course when you’re playing a Mike Young team you’ve gotta be sound on your perimeter rotations otherwise they’ll bury you with 3’s.

2 Likes

Minor on Poteat, Blake on Kidd?

VT had some of the worst pick n roll defense I have ever seen last game. Literally let Buchanan score the exact same way on three straight possessions. Need to exploit that again.

This would also be a good game for Rohde to grow some stones because they hid Pedulla on him a lot last game and despite Pedulla giving up 5-6 inches and being an otherwise atrocious on ball defender, Rohde scored exactly 0 points.

8 Likes

Minor was good on Kidd last time too. Gave him tough angles because he’s so strong in the lower body, he holds up to Kidd’s moves well.

6 Likes

I think we win by 20 tomorrow. Cant wait

13 Likes

I’m hoping for a full team effort. I’d love to see Isaac go off, but he played a ton of minutes and was constantly on the move Saturday. Wouldn’t be surprised to see some tired legs.

1 Like

Hokies played Saturday too and they were on the road. Tired legs can’t be an excuse.

3 Likes

Oh not trying to make an excuse, just saying I’m hoping some other guys are fresh. Jake and Taine combined for 20 minutes, so I’m hoping they’re ready to bring some scoring punch.

2 Likes

Hokies -3.5

• UVA Wins
  • UVA loses but covers
  • UVA loses and doesn’t cover
0 voters

My brother!!!
Stones!!!

For whatever reason…at Cassell…it will be 5 on 8…

Picked us to lose and cover but not sure that is even possible … every loss on the road has been by double digits

1 Like