šŸ€ UVA at Virginia Tech, Mon, 19 Feb, 1900, ESPN

Bro. I said we win by 20. Full blow out tomorrow

8 Likes

Weā€™re 0-3 at VT the last 3 seasons, but we won 3 in a row before that, so I think weā€™re due.

1 Like

Going the other way Fresh. Weā€™re barely winning at home. We almost never win at cassell. And this oneā€™s on short rest. Really easy to call this one honestly.

2 Likes

So by 20, or ā€œbeing down 2 to UVA is like being down 20ā€?

So, what happened the past three years ā€“ with different teams ā€“ is statistically predictive of what will happen this season? With short rest that affects both teams equally? I see the argument, but donā€™t buy it.

I think we need a new drinking game. We all drink when either someone says weā€™ll lose based on results in the past three seasons and/or @Jerome says heā€™s nervous.

Edit: I jest, of course. But VTā€™s adj. defense is 100th. I think that presents a good opportunity for our offense to click.

1 Like

Just for the record, our home conference wins were: 22 over Syracuse; 24 over Louisville; 8 over VT; 6 over NC State in OT; 12 over ND; 22 over Miami; and 2 over WF.

I wouldnā€™t say we barely win at home. WF adj. defense is 29 which is far superior to the 100 for VT.

I get what you are saying, and I understand the skepticism, but I definitely wouldnā€™t say it is ā€œeasy to call.ā€

For those who follow such things the line opened at VT -2.5.

2 Likes

My thoughts on the Hoos playing in the cave tomorrow?

Jerry Seinfeld Comedy GIF

1 Like

I have no idea how the game will turn out. We may win by 20. We may lose by 20. It depend which UVa team shows up.

I really hope we donā€™t lose by a free throw, though.

5 Likes

Yeah I didnā€™t mean always, I was referring to this past week at home. A double digit loss and a game we barely won. Plenty of reason to be skeptical for tomorrow night.

1 Like

Reece is a tough match up for their guards. Im guessing they go with M J Collins? Cattoor will guard IMAC. I hope Tony will put in Taine or Eli so Pedulla has to guard one of them instead of Rhode. My ten year old son could guard Rhode and so could yours.

3 Likes

Man, imagine Eli who is proly our 3rd best player actually playing in a game again.

7 Likes

Can we keep up with VT if they start hitting threes? Given what weā€™ve seen these past couple of games and the rest of the season, I lean no. Donā€™t love this spot

1 Like

They hit 11 last game and we won. ND hit 9 I think and we won by double digits.

2 Likes

I dont think they are hard to guard this year especially on the perimeter. BUT, if they get going and make tough onesā€¦

Good morningā€¦

F Bass Tech. Today and forever.

8 Likes

Definitely true. On the positive side I think we will get more 3-point opportunities, and will generally score more efficiently. On the negative side I think the short rest affects us more because we play so hard on both sides of the ball.

Whichever dominates will determine the outcome, but I do not think it is an easy call.

Cassell is always tough place for UVA to play but the Tech fanbase is pretty low on their menā€™s team right now. They arenā€™t as hyped as they could be.

3 Likes

If we make some FTs and break 50 points, we win. :smirk:

And the national media might stop mocking us.

Also, I donā€™t care about the recent past, we win tonight. Tech sucks.

Edit: Everyone is too serious all the time. I am just talking shit because itā€™s Tech andā€¦ thatā€™s it!

2 Likes

I think Tony has a pretty good track record with quick turnarounds (look at what we did to Miami the other week) ā€¦ if you give him too much time for a first round ncaa game on the other hand ā€¦

1 Like

I was bored and came up with this oneā€¦ maybe I should change my profile pic to thisā€¦ :thinking:

Bass Tech

1 Like