Can’t have five errors and two run-allowing wild pitches in a win and in game. Feeling less good about the tournament, gonna need to fade a lot of bid thieves this week if we can’t do something with the last six outs
BC has 11 hits in this game, 8 of which have come with two strikes.
Haven’t counted but most of them have been hit the other way too, which was a massive recurring trend when we played BC earlier this season. I don’t know what the strategy is that we’re trying to implement on the mound, but it’s not working.
I’m equally worried about which team will show up if we do make it in. I thought this version of the team was just a memory.
Yea I feel like all the BC hitters need to do is look outer half. It’s force fed. Lefties have killed us down the left field line tonight
It’s baffling that we’re also shifting and then pitching outer half. This BC team has shown time and time again they’re more than happy to sacrifice power in exchange for just putting the ball in play, and we’ve played exactly into their hands.
12-8 BC heading to the bottom of the 9th.
Maybe not likely, but potentially down to our final three outs of the season.
Godbout K’s swinging at high heat. 0-5 night for him. One down for Ference.
Ference flies out to CF on the warning track. Two down for Didawick.
We have given the committee plenty to think about
Didawick K’s swinging to end it.
BC wins 12-8 to advance to the quarterfinals of the ACC tournament and improve to 28-28 on the season. UVA is eliminated and falls to 32-18.
Next up for the Hoos is anxiously awaiting our fate this Memorial Day Monday, Noon EST as we see whether or not we make the NCAA Tourney. Most brackets that matter currently have us projected as one of the last four teams in the field.
Final pitch of the game came at 2:18 AM EST for those of you waking up and reading this.
Goodnight.
So we liking our chances for Monday?
I felt good yesterday before the game. I think we still probably get in since the committee historically has paid less attention to conference tournaments. But I’m not particularly confident.
Coin flip right now. Baseball America has us 2nd team out as of this morning. I think the name brand helps us tbh. If we were BC not sure we get in. Gotta fade bid thieves so cheer for:
AAC: UTSA
B1G: Oregon/USC/UCLA
Big East: UConn/Xavier
Big West: Irvine
CUSA: DBU/WKU
CAA: Northeastern
SBC: Troy/USM/Coastal
Some good news ![]()
Hoos out in latest D1 Baseball projection. Dallas Baptist and UTSA not winning their conference tournaments might cost us.