UVA basketball needs new Threads thread

Is there any reason to think we might consider getting new uniforms or is this all hopeful conjecture? I’m on board either way but just wanna know where I should keep my hopes

My two cents:

• We just got new ones 2 years ago.
  • Tony is not exactly an “embrace change!” kind of guy.
  • So my guess is “absolutely not”
  • That said, I don’t hate them. They’re not great, but I think they’re fine.
  • I wouldn’t mind a bit of experimentation every now and again. Throw in a fun alternate or throwback. But there again, Tony would never push for it, and my guess is he’d throw himself in front of the bus to stop it if Nike or Carla ever pushed for it, while doing his “I like orange but I’m old school, that’s why I support blue on the road” word salad for the few media appearances he ever does.
3 Likes

I’ve seen people claim elsewhere these current ones were implemented on a three year deal. No idea if that is accurate but given the backlash I’d expect us to replace them after next year if it is.

3 Likes

I don’t get caught up on the kit the boys are wearing because at the end of the day I’m going to support them no matter what. Would I like to see an orange set like I remember from my childhood? absolutely. Same as I want the football team to go back to white helmets, orange tops and white pants. But again I don’t waste a lot of mental cycles thinking about pipedreams and non-essentials.

That said, an alternative retro, or orange to break out on big games would be cool.

5 Likes

TB on orange-out alternate jerseys

1 Like

I think my favorite preference for a new jersey would be the cursive Cavaliers on the front. Like the Iillinois jerseys

7 Likes

I had heard under contract through April of 2024 — so that summer would be earliest change

2 Likes

Did you know that on the Eastern Shore there is very little said negatively about Kihei? They’re big fans.

1 Like

That’s my understanding. New ones in 23-24

2 Likes

Illinois jerseys never disappoint. Would love for UVA to implement similar designs. They’re really good.

3 Likes

I could get over the lack of orange jerseys if we could go back to the old school floor design with the orange between the paint and three point line…

1 Like

Semi related since coaches ditched the suit attire but Tony vs suits wasn’t something I thought would be a thing

3 Likes

Sign me up 100% with Maine’s post.

1 Like

He’s talked about hating ties before (which he was allowed to ditch once Carla became AD), so I wouldn’t be super surprised if he just doesn’t like suits in general.

2 Likes

These aren’t jerseys, but still feels like this fits in here more than anywhere. Kids looking professional.

9 Likes

Kihei has to help the rest of them out with their shoe game

No Igor. If he had been in the photo I would have taken it as a sign he’s coming back.

2 Likes

Love this one, but if we are gonna do a retro uniform we should do the oranges (maybe Tony will make an exception for a retro)….

8 Likes

But there is another in the picture that isn’t coming back

2 Likes

Good point. I suppose Igor could have been on a visit at the time. That’s the problem with so little information; I grasp at whatever straws I can. :slight_smile: