UVA basketball needs new Threads thread

The statement “any player coming back is in the photo” is not contradicted by a player who is not coming back also being in the photo. If x then y, does not equal if y then x. You can take the contrapositive that if not y then not x. This would make the statement “Igor is not in the picture, so he is not coming back” valid.

3 Likes

That’s a great LSAT response right there. :wink:

3 Likes

It’s been a few years, but wanted to see if I still had it

2 Likes

True - my comment was just a comment …:slight_smile:
Not a disprove statement.

1 Like

Maybe Igor’s Euro stylin suit was too much for the photo.

3 Likes

Just found this. My favorite uniforms we played in. Shorts were niiiiiiice with the V on the side

15 Likes

not naming this “The UVA needs new threads thread” was a huge missed opportunity

7 Likes

Bringing this back because of 2024 Caleb Williams photoshoot.

I just realized the biggest issue.

The blue on our current jerseys is this shade
Screen Shot 2022-06-21 at 3.38.05 PM

When in reality it should/what it was on the old jerseys
Screen Shot 2022-06-21 at 3.38.30 PM

That brighter less boring blue and generic blue.

(both of these from the different signs his family is holding in the last photo)

Nike has not changed the color blue on the jerseys, it’s a lack of orange (numbers/shoulder accents) that has changed (a big mistake imho) as well as a slight material change. Also, the blue that you’re comparing it with is from a dyed felt pennant. Don’t get me started on color science!

1 Like

It feels like the blue is more darker than the old jerseys. My untrained eyes thought the old jerseys were the lower bright blue

I’m all for public pressure to change the God awful jerseys, and I’m all about some orange but as long as this is true, it’s all pointless.

11 Likes

Speaking for the color blind members of this board, we all just stared at those two wheels for way too long, like Ethan Suplee in Chasing Amy.

4 Likes

Long time lurker, first time poster - throwing my uni idea to the wolves. ignore the color mismatches since I’m working in MS Paint, and sorry if it’s super small just trying to acclimate to the platform here
UVA Basketball Uniforms

13 Likes

I could get on board with these. Our current kit needs some orange accents at the least.

2 Likes

I like the saber pinstripe. Is that your own innovation?

5 Likes

It is - I thought of that a long time ago for the football unis but really I just want us to be both simple & consistent whatever we do.

4 Likes

great idea!!

2 Likes

The saber pinstripe is a nice touch. I always like the orange stripe but that takes it to the next level.

5 Likes

fun to talk about, will never ever be done. Tony isn’t about it. That said, retros would be a no brainer

The orange or new unis generally? For unis we’ve already changed them at least twice during his tenure, the championship era featured orange. Also for those in the know - does Nike give us a menu or something? Didn’t understand why the font changed to being so similar to VT on this latest incarnation

1 Like