🏈 UVa Football Postseason '23-'24

starting a thread here

2 Likes

To start the thread off with a positive, we got a 2025 commit two days ago…

https://twitter.com/Isaiahdrob/status/1728866261625696286?s=20

6’3 175 lbs. ATH that profiles as a WR for us. 4 star player ranked 232nd in the country on On3, really nice get for the staff to open next year’s class.

13 Likes

I refuse to acknowledge this thread because @HoozGotNext shut down my Va Tech one. Only @jazznutUVA can edit me. #Freethenut

6 Likes

close the thread

1 Like

Disclaimer: This post is critical of UVA, sorry.

The below screenshot is representative of where three rival schools stand in regards to their approach to fan engagement with NIL. The screenshot depicts the seamless user experience and ease with which fans can donate to support their football team and augment their schools’ scholarships. It takes two clicks for any of these schools.

Compare that to UVA’s CavFutures where there is no clear option on their website
to donate to football or find out more about how to support the football team. The only option is to email a general inbox after which there is no indication of what will happen. If UVA wants to help fans help them, you start here. No one wants to have a personal conversation to set up some deal, just let people donate to NIL. I don’t know if this is on purpose or just negligence, but it should be fixed.

6 Likes

You are TL4… you have the ability to reopen threads… #thedragonisalreadyfree :rofl:

3 Likes

You don’t want me to pull a @DFresh11 and start opening and closing threads I’ll shut this whole place down after a night of bourbon.

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/acolandrea10/status/1729615812384731421

this is big

13 Likes

Very longshot, but good for AC.

4 Likes

It means AC isn’t transferring. LOL!

7 Likes

It doesn’t mean that at all. It means he wants to play at the same school as whoever #4 is. Maybe that means they’re both going to Colorado to play for coach prime.

Please close this thread.

2 Likes

Is there a dislike button?

Just use the poop emoji as a proxy. I’m used to it.

3 Likes

CavFutures is independent of the university (and I believe has to be by law). I am sure that UVa athletics can have some influence over how they are doing things but they don’t have any control over them. The NIL laws vary by state so it is tricky to compare a collective from one state to a collective in another as they may not enjoy the same freedoms.

That said, I have a feeling that it is currently a decision by CavFutures to not have donated funds designated to specific programs–probably to keep it from being over weighted to football and men’s basketball. It has been their choice to follow the NIL laws to the letter (which is very different from many other collectives and schools and likely makes things a bit tougher during recruiting).

2 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: College Football Transfer Portal 23/24

False though. They made a Twitter post indicating you can donate to specific teams, position groups or players. I followed the link they provided and was equally baffled to not find an option other than by emailing them.

Agree that all of this may be conscious decision to make it more difficult but if so, that’s bonefide boneheaded. I do some work in the payment space and getting most people to donate or pay proactively depends on ease of payment (like I’d donate today if I could do so via Apple Pay after receiving an SMS to my phone).

I don’t expect us to compete with top dog (or even middle of the pack frankly) but we sure do make things more difficult.

4 Likes

thank you, agreed. Called them we’ll see if they call back. Seems half a** so far

1 Like

I agree that it’d be nice to have a clear way to earmark donations to a specific sport, but I thought your screen shots seem a little disingenuous. I went to all of those websites and didn’t see a clear way to donate funds to a specific sport, most of them wanted to set up some sort of membership.

I’m pretty sure the Duke one is just a T-shirt store (it’s run by Campus Ink).

1 Like

I wasn’t aware of the Twitter post. If they are stating that, then they need to tweak the site to make that possible. I wasn’t trying to defend CavFutures–I am a donor but have no attachment to them.

1 Like

Could mean a WR is transferring. But looks like a potential Washington replacement, so maybe not a positional transfer risk.

1 Like