UVA January Discussion Thread (and Happy New Year)

I would love to see Papi added to that poll. 3 way tie? Although Dunn is clearly the answer, despite yesterday’s less than stellar showing.

1 Like

+Jay Huff… my butt clenched every time he tried to dribble.

2 Likes

Hate to say it but Kody Stattman

7 Likes

Maybe I’m misremembering but I think I held my breath whenever Shayok was dribbling

Changing it up a bit but who do you think had a purer three point shot:

• Jontel Evans
  • Jack Salt

0 voters

Bub Evans btw an underrated Hoo.

3 Likes

I was worried about his shooting.

I remember Jontel banked in a big 3 at VT one year. I don’t have any other positive memories about his shooting, but I loved everything else about his game.

4 Likes

Hey, we play tomorrow night again. At Cuse.

6 Likes

Tomorrow’s game is big. Win that and I think we go 16-4. I’m excited to play Clemson at JPJ and think it will have ACC regular season championship implication. I see them losing @UNC and @State so assuming we beat them and go 16-4 I think we end up with the 1 seed in the ACC

8 Likes

It is great that we still hold our destiny in our hands and don’t need to depend on other teams losing. Although I hope Clemson loses a couple before then.

2 Likes

Is it too early to talk about Cuse!?!?

2 Likes

Why don’t you just start the game thread?

3 Likes

As you might imagine I dont know how!

2 Likes

Bub shot 50% from 3-pt his senior year. And had deeeeep range.

Lol he had 2 3PA his senior year. As a guard. But yeah he made one of them.

13 total makes in his career. Not sure about range. Defenders sagged him like 6 feet from the three point line daring him to shoot.

3 Likes

Sad news from the owners of Mincers this weekend.

Mincers Family From the Corner

8 Likes

Wow … when i think of UVA sports i associate it with Mincers. I have spent many hours in there over the decades …

4 Likes

Sad news about Mark Mincer. I remember going to Mincer’s Pipe Shop as a kid in the early ‘70’s. My dad would go to get the Sunday New York Times, and if I had gotten through church without causing a disturbance, I’d get some bubble gum. I loved the pipe tobacco smell in the shop. I was too young to notice but I guess Mark’s father or grandfather ran the shop then. I do remember Mark working away in the store as a young man while I was a UVA student. It was a UVA apparel store by then. Nice to have family run businesses to give us a common sense of history in the community.

6 Likes

Surprised at #4 in the Coaches Poll…

3 Likes

Three ACC teams ranked: Virginia, Clemson, Miami. Take that Tobacco Road.

8 Likes