Has UVA turned the corner?

• Yes
  • Not yet
  • No and don’t think they will
0 voters

What are your thoughts on polls?

• They’re great
0 voters

LMAO @StLouHoo I saw you vote and then change it immediately I dont know if you realized it would be visible or maybe misclicked

1 Like

I voted “turned a corner” but really we won’t fully know until this weekend

17 Likes

Only people in Brazil, Argentina, Europe, Africa, Asia, and Oceania should be able to participate in this thread for the next 1:51.

3 Likes

I think we definitely turned the corner at some point during this five game win streak. This isn’t the team that suffered those 4 blowouts in six games, which was unlike anything we’ve seen since at least 2014.

Reminder that the ACC will get four or fewer teams in the tourney, so more people should be predicting T4 ACC than NCAAT appearance unless you’re counting on an auto-bid.

Yes other than Argentina and Europe

Misclicked. Need to see us win another game or two against better teams than Louisville and ND to be bought into turning the corner.

3 Likes

I did the same. If “in the process of turning the corner “ was an option I would have clicked that. We are clearly better than our low point…but are we good enough yet? Until we play better teams, I don’t think we can make that call.

2 Likes

We can have “turned the corner” but what that means can vary widely,

3 Likes

Yep. Think we’ve sort of turned a corner but I think there’s another gear we can hopefully hit…. Guess my point is maybe we turn another corner??

4 Likes

Our seasons are never linear which is what the turned the corner metaphor suggests - one path. Especially with new pieces. We’ll have games when we get burnt I’m sure. Just need to make sure those don’t cause us to spiral.

So I’ll vote “turned the corner” when we get hit in the mouth again in one game then show resilience in the next two, or something like that.

1 Like

If I use my preseason assessment as the benchmark (35% chance of making the tourney or you could say at the edge of the bubble with a puncher’s chance of getting in), then we definitely were on the “under” side of that for a while. I think we’re now a little on the “over” side of that. It’s still not a comfortable position.

We have a challenging set of games coming. If we fare well in February maybe we can talk about seeding in early March instead of the bubble.

5 Likes

I voted no to the NCAA but it’s gonna be damn close imo. A lot of outside variables. 10 games left, many the hardest of the season. Think we need 6-4 to be safely in but see us at 5-5 and that’s where those outside variables and the ACCT will come into play

Moved up 2 spots to 45th in the NET. Probably because Florida beat Kentucky rather than our own game since we were right at our expected margin of victory

2 Likes

And WVU beat Cincy.

But Memphis lost. They’re now a Q2 loss for us.

2 Likes

Standing by my assessment that the goal for “safe” on Selection Sunday is finishing 13-7 ACC with three total Q1 wins (Florida being the only one so far) plus one win in the ACCT. k__p__ still thinks we finish 12-8 in the league, which I think would mean sweating Selection Sunday out unless we score a Duke or Carolina upset in the ACCT on top of it. Winning at Clemson Saturday would go a long, long way, otherwise I think Cassell becomes a “must-win”.

7 Likes

My metaphor: we stepped into a ditch, but then when we were in that ditch, we fell into an even bigger ditch, and then when we were in that ditch, we realized that was actually no ditch at all, but the city’s waste water tunnels. So now we’ve found the ladder back to the street level, and hosed off our dirty britches. But the corner is a block or two up, and we might turn it, but also there’s a deli at that corner, and we might stop there for a while. Clear?

3 Likes

Going 6-4 down the stretch with at least one win in the ACCT should get us in pretty safely. It’s a tough second half of the schedule but there’s absolutely six wins to be found if we continue to play well.

4 Likes

All the remaining games might fall into the must win/must not lose category lol. I actually think we can lose both UNC and Duke and get it with the right combo.

Must not lose - GT/BC
Must win - Miami/Wake/Pitt
Can lose - UNC/Duke
Need 1 of - Clemson/VT/FSU

That get’s us to 6-4 and I think in

Confused?

4 Likes

Win-streak eFG:
Groves 76.0% (1-6, 12-19)
Dunn 74.1% (20-27, 1-2)
Minor 60.0% (18-30, 0-0)
Buchanan 60.0% (9-15, 0-0)