šŸ€ UVa Menā€™s Basketball - February 2024

And against Wake. Middle ball screen, Reece puts a guard on his hip, rinse and repeat.

2 Likes

https://x.com/treykelleher3/status/1762590655342153849?s=20

2 Likes

Wow. Ouch.

1 Like

Pretty much matches KenPom. A 22 place difference in efficiency metrics + BC home court.

1 Like

Late night midweek game as a place that is either empty and dead or red hot, a team Thatā€™s dropped 3 outta 4 and got boat raced last time they went on the roadā€¦ 1.5 seems reasonable

1 Like

BART has us by a point

1 Like

1.5 also the o/u on final ticket prices on Stubhub. Currently hovering at $2 to get in!

2 Likes

Under

KenPom has BC by 1, which almost always sets the opening line.

1 Like

A win against Duke locks up the 3 seed. The worst we could finish is a T-3 with Clemson or Wake, but not both because they each already have seven losses and play each other to end the season.

We have the tiebreaker over Clemson from our win there.

We split our games with Wake. The next tiebreaker is records versus the #1 team in the conference, if tied then #2 etc. We are both 0-1 versus UNC. They are 1-1 versus Duke. We would be 1-0.

On the other hand, a loss against Duke gives Wake the tiebreaker over us, so even beating GT, weā€™d get the 4 seed if Wake won out.

The 3 seed should be decently better than the 4 seed. The 4 seed should have to play Wake or Clemson in the QF (#22 and #24 in kenpom). The 3 seed should get Syracuse, Pitt, or FSU (#52-78).

2 Likes

Scoring might be important to win
UVa is now 167-11 all-time under CTB when they score 70+ points. 10-0 this season

4 Likes

Are you sure you are Neckel? Wasnā€™t this his/your quote?

1 Like

Iā€™d rather be 4 and risk only a harmless Q1 loss or better yet a Q1 win vs Wake or Clemson than 3 and play a desperate Pitt needing wins to get in and risking a more harmful Q2 loss with the lower upside of a Q2 win.

3 Likes

I want to advance in the ACC tourney, even win it (I know, a desperate long shot), more than I care about backing into the First Four with a loss to Duke, win vs GT, and loss to Clemson.

5 Likes

lol - I donā€™t follow him - I think he blocked me one time for debating him with data :joy:

1 Like

Nick Jonas Wow GIF by Jonas Brothers

3 Likes

Was probably some Random stat about how Virginia performs on Tuesday nights after a loss on a Saturday and I probably said something pithy like what about Wednesdays after a win on Sunday???

7 Likes

You did a Neckel Heckle! Something that brings the whole board together :handshake:

7 Likes

11 posts were split to a new topic: UVa Menā€™s Basketball March 2024