🏀 UVa Men's Basketball March 2024

It also could be a mental thing for the program that can help. Would end a bad streak. Also, it would mean winning a game as a lesser seed for the first time since 1995.
And it is virtually impossible to get to the round of 16 without first getting to the round of 32.

2 Likes

Saying where you would prefer to lose is not part of a winner’s or even a competitor’s mindset. The answer is, I want to win an ACC Championship and then an opportunity to compete for a national title.

3 Likes

I largely and mostly agree. :wink:

But 1 is a little less than 2, and 2 is a little less than 3, and 3 is a little less than 4… etc etc … but 1 is a lot less than 4. Small increments add up to bigger increments (maybe I put this into the stats nerd thread?). So if the narrative were “UVa hasn’t made it out of the first weekend of the tourney since the natty” that’d be a better narrative for us than “UVa hasn’t won a game in the tourney since the natty.” Just like our narrative is better than a narrative of not making the tourney at all since the natty.

Also - the “recruits don’t care” narrative is sorta true and sorta untrue. Like, I can’t tell you where Dwight Gooden is on the all-time strikeouts list, but I can tell you he was good at strikeouts… Does that mean I don’t care about strikeouts? (I certainly did in the 80s and 90s anyway…)

1 Like

I don’t think it would make any tangible difference. We’d have the same complaints on the board. Anytime we had an ugly game on national TV Gary Parrish would still go on HQ and list off all the stats that show the pre-title and post-title difference. And it’d make no difference in recruiting

Certainly not worth sacrificing only a 4th ACC tournament title ever for such a negligible change. Maybe an ACC regular season since we’ve won so many of those recently

Now once you get to the Sweet 16, that’s where the stats you mention in your bat ball leisure activity example come in to play. ‘Tony has made 5 Sweet 16s’ rather than ‘Tony has made 4 Sweet 16s’ is something easy to point out to recruits. Is that essentially the legend of Dean Smith? He made a gillion Sweet 16s in a row

1 Like

Well, we have to get to four sweet 16s before we can get to five anyway under Tony. so if we are at four Sweet 16s under Tony after this season that would be huuuuuge.

P.s. yes, I know that Tony has gotten to 4 sweet 16s, but one of them was at Washington State so I don’t really care about that one.

Didn’t happen here; didn’t count. :roll_eyes:

Your March is gonna suck.

7 Likes

Harry Caray : Good point. Gee I hope I never get it. Hey! What about this: if you had to choose between being the top scientist in your field or getting mad cow disease, what would it be?

Ken Waller : Well of course I would choose to be the top scientist in my field.

Harry Caray : Oh good. I was worried you’d choose mad cow.

Ken Waller : Why would you think that?

Harry Caray : I guess I’m just a worrier, that’s why my friends call me whiskers.

will ferrell snl GIF

2 Likes

Damn, at least give me a spoiler alert or blur it out or something.

3 Likes

All these new titles @DFresh11. haha Some of them need explaining though. I’m lost.

3 Likes

So torts are civil wrongs cognizable by a court e.g., conversion, assault, battery, negligence.

I am just hopeful Fresh isn’t saying I cause torts

2 Likes

My favorite is Doug’s chair. It’s incredible how far he’s come. I don’t know that he knew how to use google when he first found LRA, now he’s an emoji master.

3 Likes

I am the most important poster on the forum. Without my secondary facilitation of discussion with thought provoking posts such as “we are so fcked” it would be really boring around here.

8 Likes

My title is available for advertising, btw. $20/wk or $50/mo. Higher rates apply during peak recruiting season.

7 Likes

So big (HUGE?) state of Oregon fans tonight…

5 Likes

Its all I know about law school ha. My UVa Law roomate always talked about torts.

3 Likes

It’s been a long week with no game. Idle hands.

5 Likes

Yea plus some palm hoo writes 1 post about TB and NIL and gets like 1000 likes and I keep getting poop emojis so…

9 Likes

This wins the day.

Screenshot (4)

11 Likes

tf is “The Cheese Shop”?

(Top search result when trying to educate myself on my new ThugLife in Stuarts Draft)

5 Likes