UVa Players NBA Draft Chat

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/.amp/nba/2021/06/29/nba-draft-combine-prospects-stock-watch

5 Likes

Nice! Good to see him tending upward.

Wonder how much he is actually expected in the teens v. national media just regurgitating the same bytes. It does seem similar to the Ty Jerome draft rise, so Iā€™m buying it.

Lazy journalism btw in this case as he lists Trey as age 19 in the articleā€¦

1 Like
15 Likes

The Pelicans pick 10th.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve always felt that Treyā€™s ceiling is so much higher than Kispert, just more athletic and long. I wouldnā€™t be surprised if Kispert fell later in the draft.

5 Likes

Oh and to add, Sharife Cooper is going to be a problem in the NBA. He measured in at 6ā€™4 I believe, had no idea he was that big.

That kid can hoop.

3 Likes

ā€œTrey Murphy, NBA draft pickā€ sounds really nice, but

ā€œTrey Murphy, first round pickā€ sounds even better.

ā€œTrey Murphy, lottery pickā€, well, I might need some time to myself to recover.

8 Likes

At this rate, by draft day Trey is going to be going number 1 overall, haha

7 Likes

Agree. To state the obvious, felt like his mediocre defense and average at best lateral quickness got exposed in the title game.

1 Like

To be fair, though, a Joe Harris-like career is definitely in reach for Kispert. Many NBA level college players would be ecstatic with that, but do you use a late lottery pick on Kispert hoping he can reach Joeā€™s level? I donā€™t know, but maybe.

5 Likes

Huff and 5 others invited to Wizards workout.

Wizards invite 6, including Bassey and Todd to workouts (msn.com)

3 Likes

Did the Zards hire a coach yet?

Lakers draft 22nd.

6 Likes

Kinda buried in here but apparently ā€œScouts are now talking about Murphy as a top-20 pickā€

16 Likes

Yup! That is awesome!

1 Like

I read through it quickly. They had, iirc, three teams heā€™d be the best fit for who were picking at about the right points. Picks were 13th (with the note that he was probably a reach), 16th maybe, and 21st and I think it noted that getting him at 21st would be good value for the pick.

Overall, it suggested a ā€œlate-teensā€ range for him. Which is great.

4 Likes

Donā€™t think this has been posted. Link to Get to ESPN film session for Trey!

8 Likes

I looked at that earlier this morning. Very interesting stuff I thought.

4 Likes

Some good stuff in here

8 Likes

The way he is climbing the board if they put the draft off for a month or so Trey would be a lottery pick.

3 Likes