UVA Soccer Thread - 2022

Let’s go! Team may not be great this year but any time we beat down on Tech makes for a good time! 4-2.

11 Likes

The women closed out their non-con schedule with their first draw of the season against VCU, 0-0. Was a frustrating afternoon as UVA generated a bunch of good chances. But they’re still undefeated, so all in all, still a great start to the season.

Also, highlights from the men’s win against Tech!

7 Likes

Sounds like the #7 women came back from 2-0 down to beat #2 UNC 3-2.

14 Likes

Orange jerseys but maybe no redshirts so idk

10 Likes

UNC women had never lost after having a 2 goal lead…. Never….

13 Likes

Carolina sucks

6 Likes

UNC women’s soccer is in its 44th season and that was lost #81 for them, ever. Very impressive.

6 Likes

They went unbeaten for eight years spanning through the 80’s and 90’s, won like 16 out of the first 20 national titles. It’s been a while since then and they’ve fallen off a bit in recent years, but that’s still a hell of an accomplishment for us to come back and get a win like that. Hoping that this is the year we can finally break through and get that program a Natty, feels like it’s only a matter of time with how close they’ve been.

2 Likes

Those teams never lost. was the nemisis of our very very good womens teams in my day. (my GF was on our team and always guarded their top offensive playes. Lilly and Ham I think)

2 Likes

Oof can’t imagine having to check Mia Hamm in her prime. Seems like nowadays FSU is our main roadblock to winning it all.

1 Like

At least a good weekend for UVA soccer. Women continue strong with the win over L’ville and the men upset #3 Syracuse on an amazing shot.

9 Likes

Question for soccer folks
Who is playing in goal for the mens team?
Thanks

1 Like

Holden Brown

2 Likes

Thanks
I grew up with his Dad
Had another son who swam at Indiana
Dad was/is a Hokie

3 Likes

Men better be ranked come next week. Turning the season around. 3-1 tonight over #10 Pitt.

11 Likes

They looked very good last night. Second goal in particular was a beauty

3 Likes

Tough loss for the women tonight against #3 FSU. I caught the second half. FSU played a very good low block after scoring the first goal. I think the key to beating them has to be to get the first goal so they open up. Hopefully we get revenge in the ACC or NCAA tourney.

3 Likes

UVA Men just scored in the 27th minute against Marshall in their NCAA tourney game… up 1 - 0.

2 Likes

Going to overtime… Marshall tied it up in the 65th minute.

1 Like

Ugh… going to penalties.

1 Like