UVA vs JMU discussion board

The Virginia Cavaliers will play the James Madison Dukes, come here to talk about the game, before, during and after. I will keep setting this up for every game UVA plays

2 Likes

My personal prediction is a sound victory for us with our defense still playing strong and Morcel (sorry if I spelt that wrong) stepping up to score many points while Clark leads us to a victory. Score prediction: 80-47

1 Like

Game preview from Brandon Lloyd

3 Likes

Read it, very nice summary with great points

1 Like

JMU purposely recruits and plays small. 6’8 Zach Jacobs (Trinity Episcopal/Richmond) is the only true big of the 8 that played against Charlotte, and he’ll step out to shoot some 3s.

The guys they use at the 4 are really more of wing guards, both in-state freshmen 6’6 Michael Christmas (Landstown/VA Beach) and Julien Wooden (Northside/Roanoke) is generously listed at 6’8. It’ll be interesting how much UVA stays with our twin tower lineup, and how Mamadi handles defending them when we are in it. Nice game to get McKoy some run too.

2 Likes

You know, a lot, a lot, about individual teams and recruiting, and you deserve praise for that

4 Likes

Appreciate the compliment. But nah I usually wouldn’t know much about mid majors. I just keep track of some of the in-state kids. Christmas and Wooden were big recruiting wins for JMU. Question is will Louis Rowe be around long enough for them to pay off.

2 Likes

I’m having troubles with quoting it seems, excuse the clutter, let me try this again

Despite it, it’s very impressive how much you know about UVA

1 Like

Curious to see if #UVa will have Tomas Woldetensae tonight against James Madison. Just saw him wearing a walking boot on his left foot with less than hour before the tip here at JPJ.

— Brad Franklin (@Cavs_Corner) November 10, 2019
2 Likes

Tomas is out tonight. Looks like an ankle sprain from his IG stories. Without Caffaro too. Short bench.

2 Likes

Uh oh. How it’s nit long term, that’d be a major problem

1 Like

Expecting to see Coleman with only 7 (I think) scholarship guys.

2 Likes

I just want to back up the point Cory Alexander made…It might not look like it so far but Casey Morsell is a VERY good shooter.

5 Likes

Caseys defense is incredible…his offense will come!

3 Likes

Yep. Cory nailed it again with the London first year comparison.

3 Likes

stattman looks so much better just with his movements

2 Likes

Yes he does but he needs to make quicker decisions when he gets he’s man on the hip. Needs a pull up jumper

2 Likes

Heading into halftime with a good lead, wish it wasn’t so close throughout the half but we did good near the end. Let’s keep it up!

1 Like

2 Likes

Wish Morsell was shooting better, but his defense is great

2 Likes