🏀 UVA vs UNC, Sat 24 Feb, 1600, ESPN

5 Likes

Sweet Jesus. Seems so far away. What are we going to do on Forum for 4 days?

3 Likes

The forum by Saturday

Donald Glover Pizza GIF

14 Likes

We should be well rested after a full week off from playing high-level basketball.

8 Likes

Pregame?!?!

Strategize how I’m gonna keep @DFresh11 in check

Cry while holding my Kihei pillow

6 Likes

Shi$t that was last night by Saturday it might be

Saying Goodbye Will Smith GIF by MOODMAN

4 Likes

Maybe we’ll hit some transition 3s…oh wait.

1 Like

Just don’t see how this one goes well for us. UNC is the best team in the conference with tons of firepower on offense, and we’re coming off an absolute drubbing by our rivals where it seemed like we forgot how to play basketball. Honestly can’t think of anything positive about this game.

HOOS by 25.

8 Likes

Honestly, I don’t hate how we match up with them defensively, with the glaring exception of Bacot. Which is kind of a problem.

1 Like

Bacot is the wild card. He has a history of backing down when challenged but if he gets rolling he turns into a monster. If the refs let them play Minor couls holda his own

5 Likes

Yeah I worry about those Blake minutes. Offensive rebounds might be a major problem, need Minor to stay in the game and out of foul trouble.

4 Likes

Exactly similar to Clemson against Hall. Minor nullified him in the first then the fouls racked up and BB couldnt do much with him

2 Likes
Is this a must-win game?
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters

I’m feeling weirdly serene, not even because I am super confident in the result or anything. Even in an up-and-down year, we’ve got a lot to play for still. Imagine being a FSU fan out in the wilderness after years of consistent success, or worse yet, a Georgetown fan with a proud history that probably feels as distant as it has ever been. When is the last game each of those teams has played that has had real stakes? At least we get to feel something, good or bad, with these games. I’m trying not to take that for granted.

4 Likes

Got that parent of a newborn perspective. :pray:

But yeah, I’m feeling similarly.

One dash of hope: Since January 14, UNC is playing worse than Wake Forest and … you guessed it … us.

UNC: 28th
Virginia: 27th
Wake: 23rd

Hard to interpret our stuff with the Jekyll and Hyde nonsense we have going. But it is what it is.

5 Likes

I voted yes, not necessarily for the tournament but for my mental health. Since all of our losses are blowouts, and I cant handle getting blownout by UNC AT JPJ.

8 Likes

Similar I need something to up my mood and outlook on the program. Not sure I can take another curbstomp

4 Likes

I really think we need a UNC or Duke win to not only feel safe, but feel confident we have a chance to do something in the tournament.

I really don’t want to lose Saturday and then rely on winning @ Duke. Get a big win on Saturday so that the Duke game is house money.

8 Likes

Yeah if we limp into the tourney with a ugly road win at BC and a lackluster ACC tourney, no one is going to have a good feeling about that round 1 game (or play in)

1 Like

The photo that I see beside the word “replying.” D
It’s not me.

This game is not important to a long, long-time UVa graduate and fan like me.

The reason is, the UVa coaching staff is at a crossroads. Tony Bennett was the most loved coach in college basketball, but college basketball, like life itself, dramatically changed thanks to the outcome of lawsuits that ruled in favor of college athletes.

Does Tony have a back-up plan? I hope what happened against Virginia Tech wasn’t it!

Where does UVa men’s basketball go from here? The lawsuits are going to continue to ruin the NCAA, and my guess is that a year from now, the NCAA may not even exist: the television networks might run college basketball, and every men’s basketball program might be “free” to run its basketball program however it wants.

And if other schools don’t like it, they don’t have to play the schools that they don’t like!?