UVA vs Va Tech thread

Face maulings per 40 minutes is the stat nobody talks about enough.

5 Likes

Remember to adjust for pace

3 Likes

Because having 2 face mails at Virginia is like 6 anywhere else…

6 Likes

Mauls

2 Likes

I’m totally here for Papi at the tip-off not even bothering with the ball and just mauling the other guy’s face to instantly set the tone.

5 Likes

Last year, per possession Clark was the best on the team at getting to the line. He’s backed off a little this year, but Shedrick, Papi and Gardner are all solidly ahead of Clark’s pace last year and Shedrick and Papi are WAAAY ahead.

2 Likes

I’ve said this before and I’ll keep saying it. If Franklin is on the move his shot is great. If you will remember his first points were a 3 pointer on a fast break and it was nothing but net. After that the 3 point shots he took were a catch and shoot from a stationary position and they were terrible shots. Get the ball and go Armaan!

4 Likes

Two days later and still pumped about this W. Wake forest will be a bigger challenge but a W again on Saturday and we’re not in the worst spot. I’m just trying to find joy in the the little things this year, understanding that no win is a guarantee with this team and we have so much talent coming in. House money so to speak

5 Likes

Updates bracketology from Lunardi. We’re now included in his bubble teams but solidly “out”. Tech is somehow 14 spots ahead of us (???) but they’re also “out”

Joe Lunardi is a journalistic hack

2 Likes

Look at kenpom, tech is like 30 spots higher than us still. Apparently all that matters is avoiding bad losses, unfortunately we picked up 2 in OOC

1 Like

Uh yeah. Bracketology rankings he’s #55….Bracketology Rankings

1 Like