VA Tech game thread

Preview from @brogdonfanpage

7 Likes

Unreal and in depth preview there @brogdonfanpage. Have seen VaTech play couple of times including the Michigan State game where they looked like top 10 team in terms of execution so my view may be skewed.

I think is simple today. If they make 3s at their 40 percent clip we could be in some trouble. The second is us taking care of the ball and limiting turnovers and letting the offense come unforced. JPJ should be good atmosphere today for ACC game so we wont be as sleepy as the first half felt against SC.

I have said before since watching that their coach is one of the best I have seen in the country; but their youth could be a factor today. Excited for this game and another test.

Go Hoos!

4 Likes

As Zach explained well, VT plays small full time. And by small, we’re talking really 4 true guards. That’s very tough for this year’s UVA team. I doubt we see much if any of Mamadi and Huff together. Key will start at the 4 and be assigned Nolley. It’s a hard lineup for Huff all together. Their starting big man Horne is a very active and physical 6’6 who’s developed into a 3-point shooter this year. I’d look for Bennett to try to steal minutes for Jay when Tech goes to their more traditional center off the bench.

2 Likes

Great preview from Zach! Today’s will most likely be a close and tough one, and due to VA Tech 3’s, probably a back and forth one too. It will take some determination but I believe that the guys can do it

2 Likes

I’m just realizing this is an “RSN” game. Really? Not even worthy of ACCN?

1 Like

Yessir. Have been very annoyed with our coverage on TV being up in the NYC area. Even the last 2 seasons.

1 Like

haha! It’s so weird how they trot Beamer out as some sort of motivational thing. Their players aren’t old enough to remember the Beamer glory days and even if they were they’re mostly from out of state and wouldn’t care.

I’m sure #UVa fans will have plenty to say about how much the broadcast crew is going to enjoy this next tidbit: Former Tech football coach Frank Beamer is seated behind the Hokies bench.

— Brad Franklin (@Cavs_Corner) January 4, 2020
3 Likes

My view of the game today. #suiteseats

7 Likes

Starting lineup Clark Morsell Kody Key Mamadi

2 Likes

Have a beer for us. Is that the AD suite? Enjoy

1 Like

So apparently Brax is sick per radio

1 Like

Found the game on YES network in NYC if anyone else trying to watch in this area Xfinity

1 Like

Anybody else having sound issues? Can barely hear the commentary, crowd noise really amplified…

2 Likes

On my channel it just cut off and is now black

1 Like

Paying money for some top quality

Good start. Braxton is really bothering Nolley early. Gotta wonder how many minutes he can go like this if he’s a little under the weather.

1 Like

So it just blacked out the HD channel for me, tells me to go to the SD, and that’s still completely black.
Top notch quality for the Champions out here in the Mountains

Awful audio. I’ve got it though ACCNX via ESPN app but it’s a Fox Sports broadcast… :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Somehow YES and HD is perfect here. The game not so perfect

1 Like

I’m watching something called Root sports on Direct tv. No issues.

Bit of a drought there. Ending with a Kody steal and awkward finish on the break. I’ll take it. Went big. Mamadi showing off the versatility guarding Nolley. NBA scouts will love that.

1 Like