VA Tech game thread

How amazing of CTB to send Chase for the presser.

5 Likes

Any win agaisnt VT makes for a good day.

Love how Key is turning into a great leader

6 Likes

I was waiting for The Dragons commentary

2 Likes

Hah had the watch the game on delay. No fox sports south with sling. Overall. I was ecstatic about the game.

Another solid outting from Clarke and like I said in my mind Key is the key to this team and as he gets healthier his value is increasing. Loved seeing Mamadi playing within himself and making the most of what he got.

4 Likes

If you’d have told me before the game that Kihei and Braxton would combine to score almost as much as VT’s entire team, I would have LOL’d.

Most consistent game all around all season.

2 Likes

Noticed with Kody that he seems to rush his jumper on misses, and has a much slower release on his makes.

1 Like

Lot of the time that comes down to how open he is. If there’s nobody within 10 ft of him, he can take his time and get his shot off comfortably. When the shot is contested, he has to use a quicker release to prevent it from being blocked. He generally has a slower release, part of why he pump fakes so much.

2 Likes

Take the minute to listen to this from Justin McKoy. Awesome attitude.

10 Likes

wow. that boy is already a man. Ive got to say this is another reason why I love UVA Basketball. The attitudes and integrity of these young men is beyond impressive.

3 Likes

Great kid. weird for me is as he said why didnt he even play the past couple games?

1 Like

Short answer is Braxton is back. Long answer involves playing our version of small ball almost full time the last two games. With Braxton and Mamadi getting max minutes, there’s nothing left for anyone else in that 4 spot. And against VT, there was no one for him to defend unless they used him at center.

5 Likes

I get that. But why didnt anyone tell him? Very mature by him in any event

2 Likes