Virginia at Louisville Game Discussion [3/5/22]

Everyone, welcome to the end of arguably the most interesting regular season this thread has been through. From an extremely rough start to the season we slowly improved getting better and better wins until a great win against Duke was giving us quite high hopes. Two losses in a row stamped some of that out. However, if we’ve learned anything about UVA, it’s to expect the unexpected. This game gives UVA another chance to prove they own the yum center.

https://www.si.com/college/virginia/basketball/previewing-virginia-basketball-at-louisville
Game preview via Matt Newton
The game can be watched on ESPN2 and on the ESPN APP or on radio at WINA 1070 AM, 98.9 FM

Feel free to join the discussion in the replies!

5 Likes

Line is currently UVA -3

1 Like

This layoff was too long for the fans but great for the players. Let’s hope they bring it tomorrow. Go ‘Hoos!!

5 Likes

This team is endearing. I love this crew and everything they bring. We win tomorrow but it may not be fun. Noon on the road is brutal

4 Likes

Eh, it’s Louisville. we’re always home team.

Lets see. Hope so

Would be a good game for the M’s to get meaningful minutes, for a lot of reasons. Do you think that happens or do we stick to the 7 man rotation?

This season was mostly over for me when that didn’t happen after Murray’s run of 35 points on 68% EFG% in 95 minutes over 7 games. Oh and only 3 turnovers in 95 minutes

1 Like

It is a mystery to me as well. This would be a good game to play a DTW-approved lineup for extended minutes. I’m all in to see it and it should have already happened in my opinion.

DTW- give me your starters today if you were calling the shots against Louisville.

By the way, prepping for the LRA podcast now and Louisville is an unusual team for a lot of reasons. Hope everyone tunes in at 11:30 for the pre-game!

Beekman,
Murray
Milicic
Gardner
Shedrick
At least that’s Hoo gets the most minutes at each spot. In a game that is meaningless for this season.

1 Like

Tony plays players that earn it on both ends in the things that are important to him. If they’ve earned it they’ll play, if they haven’t they won’t.

He doesn’t play players that haven’t earned it to his standards just to keep them happy or get them experience.

1 Like

Offseason topic, but I really dislike the “earn” terminology for PT. I’m sure you’ll all be waiting with baited breath. :joy:

Preview: I think it’s leads to a misleading view of what is / what should be going on in the process of finding a rotation.

2 Likes

Just looking at ACCT possibilities. Would we rather play UNC or Miami in the quarterfinals? Assuming Duke handles UNC tonight, the 3-seed will be determined by whether Miami wins at Cuse.

1 Like

Miami for me. The less I have to watch Bacot foul with impunity, the better

2 Likes

Miami is the easier road, UNC would be the better win (for our 0.9% remaining at large hopes)

1 Like

I’d rather play Miami. I think Haney is right that UNC would be a better resume win for us, but realistically, our best shot at getting into the tourney is the ACCT autobid — and we have a much better chance of beating Miami IMO (who we seem to match up well with) than UNC (who destroyed us earlier this year).

2 Likes

Man you really don’t care about ballhandling do you lol

1 Like

For a league everybody says is down, and I’m not exactly arguing that, the ACCT could be really good. UVA vs either of those teams is basically a toss up. So is VT vs ND, or vice versa if we’re the 7 seed. Heck even FSU vs Duke is suddenly interesting.

3 Likes

Not meaningless. Not sure 17wins gets us in the NIT. Need one more w.

1 Like