Virginia @ Louisville (Football) Thurs Nov 9 - 730pm ESPN

Are you talking about the twitter dude talking crap about Hollins?

I’m talking about the LRA guy blaming not getting calls on Carla. Unless I am confusing him with another poster that dude has posted about being a kid during the national title run. Don’t think anyone in high school or above would call themselves a kid. Been 4 years. So oldest case scenario I’m pegging that poster at 17 years old. Most likely younger than that

4 Likes

That makes it much worse

1 Like

This is still so funny to me. Zero chance they issue a statement like this for any team not named Duke or UNC

4 Likes

T-D’s Mike Barber is sending a number of inquiries to the ACC about some of the calls and no-calls from last night.

Perhaps we’ll get a meaningless apology, but one not tailored to ESPN.

9 Likes

Atlantic Coast Conference Addresses Officiating Concerns in UVA vs. Louisville Football Game

The Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) extends its sincere apologies to the University of Virginia, its fans, players, and coaching staff, following last night’s football game against the University of Louisville. We understand and share the disappointment expressed by many regarding the officiating during the game.

At the heart of our commitment to collegiate athletics is the unwavering dedication to fair play, sportsmanship, and transparency. Recent concerns have been raised about the impartiality of officiating, specifically related to missed pass interference calls and overlooked facemask penalties. We acknowledge the impact these incidents may have had on the outcome of the game.

In the interest of transparency, we wish to highlight specific instances where officiating decisions may have fallen short of the standards we hold dear. There were two instances in the game where flags were initially thrown, only to be picked up without clear explanation. Such actions fuel the perception that the officiating process was inconsistent and may have influenced the course of play.

The ACC understands the passion and dedication of our fan base, and we share in the commitment to the highest standards of collegiate athletics. We want to assure our stakeholders that a thorough review of the officiating during the UVA vs. Louisville game is currently underway. The integrity of our athletic competitions is paramount, and we are dedicated to addressing any concerns that may compromise that integrity.

While we recognize the human element of officiating and the challenges it presents, we are committed to continuous improvement. The ACC remains vigilant in its efforts to provide a fair and unbiased environment for all teams competing in our conference.

We acknowledge the importance of maintaining our conference’s national presence, especially during times of conference realignment. The ACC is fully committed to upholding the highest standards of integrity, and any suggestion that the outcome of a game is influenced by external factors is antithetical to the values we hold dear.

We appreciate the feedback from our member institutions and their fan bases, as it helps us identify areas for improvement. The ACC will continue to work diligently to ensure that future contests meet the high standards we all expect from one of the premier conferences in collegiate athletics.

In conclusion, the ACC regrets any frustration or disappointment caused by the events of last night’s game and remains resolute in its commitment to the principles of fairness, sportsmanship, and transparency.

1 Like

He was the dude who said Bennett had a vendetta against Dunn because of Dunn’s post-Dunnk celebrations.

1 Like

This AI?

2 Likes

Yeah.

1 Like

The odds of the ACC releasing a statement is probably about 1 in 100, odds of it being conciliatory are the same as our odds of being in a bowl game this season.

7 Likes

10 posts were split to a new topic: GhatGPT & AI Discussion

funny! I was getting ready to post the same thing

Off topic, but what input did you have to give it for it to generate that response?

First input

1. Can you make a sincere apology letter from the ACC regarding a review of last night’s UVA Louisville football game and how the officiating was one sided in favor of louisville including specific missed pass interference calls and missed facemask penalties? Include subtle hints that the game was rigged for the ACC to maintain it’s national presence and keep afloat during conference realignment

2nd input (after I got whatever it generated from above)

same as above but moreso in a public release statement than letter format. Also include specific examples of missed football penalty calls (like the refs picking up two flags). And really lean into the obvious behavior of the game being rigged for the sake of the ACC reputation without bluntly saying so

Appreciate that. Very interesting.

No news re: Jones?

https://twitter.com/FOX56News/status/1723172239414067322?t=DcA44eWdKDkYCEiFcpJACQ&s=19

Saw something that said he’s still in the hospital. Earlier reports say he has movement in arms and legs. Would love to know more if anyone has info.

https://twitter.com/UVAFootball/status/1723363669508063517

11 Likes

I had forgotten that he is also Mike Hollins roommate

4 Likes