🏀 Virginia vs Miami, Mon 5 Feb, 1900, ESPN

10 Likes

Lets get it to 9-3

7 Likes

Let’s turn Jake Groves Week into Jake Groves Fortnight

16 Likes

Is this a game where we might see Bond (after I just commented that he has been buried deep on the bench)? Seems like this may be an opportunity where he will not be undersized.

4 Likes

Switch everything. Literally can at times. They want to chuck threes and iso.

Put their “bigs” in pick n roll. Reece can feast in this game driving. and McKneely’s new found midrange game could also really shine here.

7 Likes

The George kid for Miami should be a lottery pick. Shooting 40% from 3 (rest of his offensive game is a work in progress), and was guarding Sean Pedulla today. At 6’8.

10 Likes

From what it looks like, they like to press up on the perimeter and make things uncomfortable. But they don’t have any rim protection behind them so if you can play through the pressure, there are some buckets available at the rim.

4 Likes

This is your text book "lets see what we got " game

4 Likes

So… we aren’t turning another corner of we win? It would be like we turned around this weekend if we did… so perhaps we should turn another corner to complete the turn around!

2 Likes

Dance Dancing GIF by FC Bayern Munich

4 Likes

iMac gonna have to bring his D. Whomever he’s guarding (Joseph?) they’re gonna target.

2 Likes

Feels like a potential let down game. Gotta take it to them.

2 Likes

Was shocked by how bad Miami looked in first half yesterday and how careless they were with ball. They run so much isolation. Lots of standing around. That said, they have a collection of tough shot makers so they get away with it then have Omier to bail them out inside. Cleveland being back definitely provides a huge boost.

Need Minor to be huge inside again.

3 Likes

This is about as far of a contrast from the Clemson team we just played as you can get. Miami plays a small, guard-oriented style that is very good at hitting 3’s (top 20 in %). They play a decent bit of iso but are capable of making the right play when needed. This is going to be a game where essentially every player is going to have to “man up” and compete at a very high level.

This one should come down to 3 point shooting, if we dial in and play sound man defense I like our chances at home to pull it out.

3 Likes

And his 3-point shooting if we are going to compensate for some of their shooting because they shoot almost entirely frim beyond the arc.

Nbc Idk GIF by Good Girls

9 Likes

They’ve had the turn the corner game. Monday is a classic take the next step game.

5 Likes

I don’t see this as a trap game at all. Both teams know they have work to do to make the tournament. It’s possible we lose if the shots aren’t falling, but I feel confident they will be locked in.

Elijah night

4 Likes

I’m expecting the Reece iMac Taine Ryan Jake lineup to be heavily used, wouldn’t complain if both Eli and Leon see some time…

2 Likes