šŸ Was Prez the GOAT

I miss Malcolm Brogdon. Was he the 2nd greatest Hoo of all time?

1 Like

No but he is up there.

3 Likes

ā€œSecond best Hoo of all time? Ralph. Duh.ā€ -Cory Alexander

10 Likes

A crappy answer, but define greatest maybe. Heā€™s got a legit claim for sure.

Iā€™d say Stith, but Malcolm #3.

DeAndre would have been #2 with one more year.

1 Like

i go with DeAndre Hunter

1 Like

Everyones criteria proly different here which is fair. For me its 4 years of stats etc. of course winning. Malcolm was as decorated as any this side of Ralph with AA and POY awards etc

I still look at what Bryant did against 3-4 year guys for his 4 years. And all those guys were pros

Malcolm would have been great in any era for sure

6 Likes

If you ainā€™t first, youā€™re last - Reese Bobby

1 Like

Andrew Rohde and itā€™s not even close

6 Likes

Ralph-Stith-Brogdon feels like a fairly clear-cut top three, but I understand anyone who wants to swap 2 and 3, especially if Stith was before your time. After the top three it gets a lot harder. (Buzzy Wilkinson at #4?)

3 Likes

With all due respect to Ralph, who was clearly the best player ever to play for UVA, and all the other candidates, Ty Jerome is the greatest uva basketball player of all time.

5 Likes

When I become a billonaire selling people dreams they didnt even know they needed, the 11th thing im going to do is create a ā€œHall of the Forgottenā€. The opposite of the hall of fame where people can send in photos of memories with players less memorable to the world but vital to their personal experiences and every week it will cycle through the different submissions

3 Likes

Yea but Ralph showed out against BYU guys like Danny Ainge who werent allowed to drink in college or have relations with co eds

1 Like

Loved Malc. My all time favorite Hoo hoops player. Class act. Dominant 2-way player. Outstanding ambassador and student. He and CTB, of course, are the reason I became re-addicted to UVa hoops. I even cheered for the Celts last year when he was there.

4 Likes

Brogs is my personal favorite UVA player of all time, and I think he was no lower than 3rd in best ever. Buzzy was waaaay before my time so I kinda have no idea about him.

3 Likes

I love Brogdon hell my youngest sharing a name with him is not a total coincidence. But Iā€™d place him 3rd on the all time Hoo list. Also wanna shout out the forgotten Hoos Sean Singletary for some top 5 love too.

8 Likes

SS the young OG walking bucket.

3 Likes

I have the perfect thread for you - Remembering some guys

2 Likes

I have a hard time choosing between Stith and Brogdon. They were a lot alike in that if you needed a basket they are probably 2 of the best we ever had. Iā€™m old but not old enough to remember Wilkinson. Iā€™m guess im going to give the slight edge to Brogdon as 2nd best player since Ralphā€™s time

4 Likes

Lamp and Parkhill were great in their time.I remember as a kid my sister took me to see UVA play at Wake. We had great seats and it was amazing to this kid how great Parkhill was as he was by far the best player on the court

1 Like