Way too early 2023 Recruiting

This is right in CTB’s wheelhouse!

4 Likes

Not sure why Cal would even bother with high school kids when he can poach players off other P5 rosters.

1 Like

Watching Sheppard’s highlights reminds me more of Joe Harris than most recruits we’ve looked at recently, both in terms of being a shot maker and just the way he finishes around the hoop. If he could add an inch or two, comparison would be even more obvious.

That writer being interviewed looks like Cal in disguise

3 Likes

Don’t be silly. That’s well known hoops writer Cohn Jalipari, kind of a Kentucky homer.

7 Likes

Interesting because from everything I’ve seen and read over the past few days he is a legitimate PG. A PG who moved and shoots like Joe would obviously be a problem.

1 Like

That article lays it out pretty good in the mold of Ky HS point guards. Every player in Ky can shoot. Pretty cool

4 Likes

And dont forget back in the day it came with the ubiquitous 'stache

1 Like

They say that about Indiana kids too but somehow they all forget when they get to IU lol

3 Likes

Eh, you know, it might have just not been a great comp on my part. It’s something about how he looks when he shoots the three and a couple finishes he had around the rim in some footage I saw that reminded me of college Joe. But he definitely looks to have more passing skills than Joe did, so you can see the potential to be the point when needed. With no real expert basis whatsoever, I just kind of see him as being like a combo 2 guard in college, but if he stays 6’2, he may want to play the point as much as possible to facilitate any future NBA aspirations.

Best clips I saw where here:

4 Likes

Was he the one who did the behind the back pass? It was a little hard from the clip to tell if it was him or not. I also liked the bounce pace in transition.

1 Like

Passes? How bout him rising up and dunking no problem! ha

4 Likes

I like him! He is quick, athletic, has a good handle, can shoot - reminds me a little of Angelo Brizzi?

2 Likes

How tall is he?

At least on 247 (who knows how up to date that is) he’s listed as 6’2

I can’t wait to see how Brizzi does in college. Probably my favorite highlight tapes I’ve ever seen outside of the kids who are just superior athletes.

He’s got his dad’s hops

1 Like

Nope it looks like there’s no relation.

The Gus Bus is planning a stop in Charlottesville.

7 Likes

That’s an interesting list