WBB Scrimmages

Sadly.

Happened to find this and thought it was interesting. Not knowing the history of our women’s team as well, I’ll be honest - I didn’t realize we made three straight final fours (was well before my time). Both amazing and a little soul crushing to not have won the whole thing:

7 Likes

Tammi brings humor, passion, and energy. She is very involved with her fans on social media!

3 Likes

Someone asked upthread about the buyout number after this season. Anyone know?

The number I’ve seen is she has a buyout around 1.3 mil for the two years left on her contract. But that number may be old and it could be a slight bit lower. But if she only has 2 years left including this season, making a move after this season makes even more sense.

1 Like

Did Tammi Reiss ever pose for Playboy or am I misremembering.

1 Like

nossir

2 Likes

You may be thinking of Anita Marks, they do look a like.

Dragon with the sneaky knowledge there. They do look alike

2 Likes

Great Great article. Thanks Maine

What I remember most about TReiss is she was always workin. school hoops gym running whatever she was always putting work in

4 Likes

On another board, a poster who tracks these things fairly closely estimated it would probably be around $650,000 after the end of this season.

2 Likes

Makes sense, that would split it from the 1.3 I saw which I think was the number before last season.

2 Likes

I had a fun pickup game at Slaughter in maybe Spring '90 with some buddies playing against TReiss, Tonya Cardoza, one of the Burge twins, and a young Dena Evans. Don’t remember their fifth. Guys won.

1 Like

Am sure I was there. Those are all my homies

2 Likes

Of course Fresh was up in the mix

1 Like

If they’re going to have to pay her if she coaches or not, I guess what they can’t afford is the cost of the new coach and staff. If that’s the case, why not just fire her now or early in the season and go with one of the assistants as an interim coach for this season?

1 Like

I would guess they have to give the interim a decent pay bump, so it’s not entirely costless. But not sure.

What is the point of firing a coach at the beginning of a season or in-season? That kind of thing should be reserved for some sort of scandalous behavior within the program.

5 Likes

I agree, if you’ve waited this long, another year is not going to make a difference, esp if you don’t plan on retaining the Interim coach, you’re still starting over at the end of the season.

2 Likes

I don’t disagree with your opinion, only the verbiage. Rather smug and condescending IMO.

1 Like